Thursday, August 9, 2012

Cami girl- 12 weeks!!

12 weeks! Whew! Life with 2 babies is getting a tiny bit easier and more and more fun each day. Being a mommy for the first time 3 years ago was the hardest thing I had ever done in my life, and being the mommy of 2 definitely tops that times 10. It's hard to keep everyone happy and fed and rested and entertained all day long. It never fails that they both need to be fed at the same time or they both need to be put down for a nap at the same time or wake up cranky at the same time, but somehow we have all survived and still love each other. :)
Since Travis is doing his orthopedic surgery rotation at Scott & White this month we have enjoyed seeing him from time to time, but honestly he works SO MUCH that we don't see much of him. Many times he works for up to 36 or 37 hours at a time and then, as you can imagine, is EXHAUSTED when he gets home. We are just thankful that we get to see him at all though. Next month will be another rough one, so we're trying to be thankful for what we get! (He'll be home early tonight, so we will have a full night of family time- yay!!)

Here's a little bit of what we were up to this week....

On Friday morning, we went to the Schneider's house for a playdate (I think we woke Rhett up....and it was 10:30 in the morning!! Hope their baby girl is a late sleeper too!!) Rhett was excited to hold Camryn....he's going to be a super big brother in December!!

Friday night we went to the Rosenbaum's for dinner and Cami wore this adorable little outfit that Lindsay's parents gave her

Saturday afternoon after naptime, we went to Powerhouse gym for Clara's "tumbling in tutus" 1st birthday party. Abigail and Camryn's outfits were almost identical other than the color. They were precious and very well behaved. (I think they were entertained watching the daddies jumping on the trampolines!)
Sunday morning Camryn finally made her debut at Temple Bible Church. She wore this sweet dress that my mom smocked for her while I was pregnant. :)
She did about as well as I expected her to do. Mom fed her and rocked her during the worship songs for the first 20 minutes or so, but then Camryn got a little fussy because she was so sleepy. I took her out in the lobby where we ran into Sally and Abigail :) 
I rocked Camryn to sleep and we went back into the sanctuary for the last 15 minutes or so. She'll definitely be allowed to come back in the future. Maybe she'll just get better and better as the weeks go by. (I do want to start taking her to the church nursery earlier than I did with Colby, but I think she's still a little young for that....maybe in a few months)

She is really into sucking on her dresses, burp cloths, blankies and hands....not so much her paci....I think she's going to be a blankie girl like her mommy was 
 I stripped the dress off so that she wouldn't mess it up....her little faces just crack me up
 On Tuesday I decided to be brave and try to take both kids on a day trip to Waco to visit the children's museum. One thing I've learned with a three year old is that you MUST get out of the house at least once every day (even if it's just to play in the sandbox outside or walk down to the mailbox) Colby gets major cabin fever and we all want to hurt each other by the end of the day if we just stay inside. (This kills me because I am perfectly content staying in bed in my pajamas watching tv and napping all day.)
 One of the hardest things this summer has been finding cool activities in the air conditioning since it's so hot. Camryn gets SO hot and fussy if we spend too much time outside, so it's just not worth it. 
We had a great time at the museum! I fed Camryn as soon as we got there while Colby was mesmorized with the train exhibit. Then we walked around to the different hands-on play rooms and Colby had a blast while I held Camryn and pushed her in the stroller. She even fell asleep for 30 minutes or so which was nice. 

 One of Colby's favorite things (other than the trains) was making a tornado!
 This morning while Camryn was taking a morning nap (for 2 hours!!), Colby and I had some water fun outside. He really wanted to wash my car for me to make it "sparkling clean". 
 Then we found a plastic pool that we had never even used before- score!!
 Cami has been doing great!! We still have a rough hour or so before bedtime where nothing seems to make her happy, but I can deal with that now that I'm getting a little more sleep. She typically sleeps from about 9 or 10pm until about 5 or 6am. Sometimes she has a rough night and wakes up at midnight or 2am, but she's also had some great mornings where she has slept until almost 7! (yes, still in her swing....I think we've gone through at least 24 D batteries....and they're not cheap)

This morning I put her on her tummy and she was actually HAPPY for a few minutes! :)
We also tried the Bumbo seat this week. She sits up pretty well and also stands when you hold her hands- such a strong little girl. She was not a fan of the Bumbo yet though. She'd rather lay down and kick her toys. :) That's fine with me! 

Happy 12 weeks Cami girl- we love you!!!!

No comments: