Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Baby Stuff!

On Saturday, Travis and I decided to head down to Austin to start a baby registry at Babies R' Us. I knew they had a huge selection, so I wanted to check it out. Travis was a trooper...I know he thought it was silly that we had to go to Austin to do this, but Temple doesn't have too many options to choose from...so he agreed. (It was helpful that we were going to get to visit and have lunch with Dave- Trav's good friend and roommate from UT)
We had fun finding stuff for our baby boy. We were pretty clueless about what we needed, but I guess that was part of the fun! I was in charge of pointing and Trav was in charge of scanning. (Some of you may remember that he was banned from the scanners during our wedding registry due to the fact that he flung one across Dillard's as he was pretending that it was a gun...but I decided that since he's had a few years to grow up a little more, he should get another chance.) We found furniture, a high chair, a pack n' play and a travel system that we really liked. We tried to be smart and go with neutral colors so that we could reuse some of it in the future if we needed to. We also registered for some smaller items at Target since it is more conveniently located in Temple. It was so exciting to think about using all of the fun baby things!! I can't wait! Thanksgiving day will be 22 weeks. :) Only 18 more to go....

I love this green and brown pattern!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love what you picked out Marybeth!! I'm so excited for little Colbs to be here!!