Saturday, January 1, 2011

soaking up the end of the Christmas break....

First of all I had to post this picture of sweet Buddy watching the boys load into the truck to run some errands. He's such a sweet boy!!
We have had SUCH an awesome 2 weeks together, and I'm sad that it's coming to an end, but at the same time, I'm ready for 2011!! We rang in the new year last night by having a delicious Pignetti's dinner with Dan, Chana, BJ and Ashley. We had such a great time together and shut the place down (they turned the lights on to give us a hint)! We got in the car thinking it was maybe 10 or 11, and the clock said 11:48!!! I thought we were going to have to ring in the new year in the car, but luckily we made it back to Dan and Chana's house just in time to pop the champagne and watch the ball drop on TV. (Chana has a picture, we'll see if she shares it...)
Other than that, we've just been hanging out at home, taking Christmas stuff down, doing laundry, cleaning the house, etc. As much as I HATED taking the Christmas stuff down, I was so thankful that Travis was here to help. We had it all down and in the attic in just a few hours. I used my new steam mop that I'm slightly obsessed with, and we bought 2 things to help organize Colby's books and toys.
New "toy box" for the living room....I think Buddy was upset that I interrupted his nap with a camera flash- oops!
Colby's new bookshelf in his room (it's so cute! I love these Target shelves/baskets)
I caught Buddy SLEEPING like this! He's such a goof!
And I couldn't publish another post without pictures of Colbster.
notice the scratch above his eye....from falling on the firewood pile....
HAPPY 2011!!!
Some of my favorite memories of 2010: holding newborn baby Rhett, Ashley's bachelorette party in Dallas, Colby's 1st birthday, BJ and Ashley's wedding, 10 year anniversary of our first date, Chana and Jeff's 30th birthday limo adventures, Memorial Day weekend at Port A, Lynnsay and HB's wedding, 4th of July pool party (&finding out about baby Williams!), ZMZ ranch camp at the Frio River, Destin trip with the fam, meeting Doug's sweet girlfriend, Elyse, Lakeway Resort vacay with the Stahls, Brad and Dee's wedding in San Antonio, taking Colby to the zoo, Bryce and Courtney's wedding, holding baby Lane Parker, Whitney and Daniel's engagement dinner at Outback, Schneider Ranch weekend- Rusty proposing to Holly!! We also had SO many fun showers, birthday parties, supper clubs, bible study evenings, dinners at Coronas, wine/pizza nights, etc. It's been a FABULOUS year!!!
I'm a little sad to say goodbye, but I'm already looking forward to these things in 2011:
Colby's 2nd birthday, Travis finishing his last semester in the classroom and being done with his Step 1 test in June, Holly and Rusty's wedding, Whitney and Daniel's wedding, Travis and I will be celebrating 5 years of marriage, and Travis turning 30!!! BRING IT ON!!!!

No comments: