Thursday, April 19, 2012

Say WHAT?!??

As I'm typing this, I'm thinking that there are only THREE more weeks until my scheduled c-section. The c-section that has been scheduled since November. The one that I've been about 95% sure that I would be having. I was just sure that Cami would be like her big brother and be flipped around and not cooperative. I was totally fine with that. I feel like I've been there, done that, and I'm comfortable with the surgery and recovery that comes with it.


Tuesday, at my 1st weekly appointment, Dr. Greene told me that Camryn is head down and pretty small as of now (I think that just means she's not going to be a 10 pound baby- phew!) She said there really wasn't any reason why she thought I would need to have a c-section and that there was an 80% chance that this would be a "normal labor." WHAT?!?? I know that is supposed to be a good thing, but I'm not very good at changing plans. I need time to process. I have been processing a repeat c-section for about 9 months now. :)


I knew from the beginning that we would assess the situation closer to the due date and then decide what the best option would be. It's just that in my head, I figured it would look the same way it did with Colby. WRONG!




I'm starting to get excited just because now there is an element of surprise involved. But at the same time, that makes me super nervous and quite frankly, terrified! I've never been more than 37 weeks pregnant, my water has never broken, I've never had ANY labor pains, I've never waited for an epidural and hoped that it would work, I've never had to take my baby home from the hospital the day after they were born, etc, etc, etc.




I guess for now, Cami is just keeping us on our toes. Of course there is still a chance for a c-section....we'll just have to see how it goes....it will be a SURPRISE!!! :)

4 comments:

Kim said...

It will be SO fun! I really think you'll kind of like all the unknowns that go along with labor! (once it settles in a little bit!) ;) Cami is keeping her momma guessing!

Katie said...

Not gonna lie, totally jealous that you haven't had labor pains, but the "normal" delivery will equal a much quicker recovery time! :)

Colleen said...

You're going to do great either way, MB!! Love you!!

Erika said...

You are seriously the cutest pregnant woman ever! :)