"Recreational Raking, Mowing and Cleaning Association"
This is the most precious thing I have ever seen. It is a group of 5 girls (one of them lives in our neighborhood) who just finished 5th grade, and they have started their own "association" to help those who are in need. They are offering to do any kind of housework or yardwork to earn money to buy Christmas gifts and Christmas dinners for families who cannot afford to do this on their own. They have been passing out flyers and doing an awesome job!! I just think it's so amazing that a group of 11 year olds came up with this idea, and they have been working so hard all spring and summer so that they can make an impact on someone else's life. I recently read such a true quote that said,
"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

3 comments:
That is the sweetest thing I have heard in a long time! Children have such wonderful hearts...
Hey there! I hope you don't mind, but Sally sent me a link to your blog :) I am in awe of the girls in your neighborhood. That is the sweetest thing! I hope everyone finds something for them to do around the house :) Have a great weekend!
Wow! That is so inspirational - what sweethearts!!
Post a Comment