Our life is seriously about as exciting as this blog has been for the past 2 weeks...not too much going on. We are 14 weeks into pregnancy. Still feeling pretty good. This week, my babycenter email said that baby is about the size of a lemon! Yay! Last week I was a little disappointed when I got the news that the baby was the size of a medium shrimp...I mean, come on....a shrimp?!? I think that is smaller than a lime! So, this week's news of a lemon did bring me much joy. Our next appointment is Wednesday, and we are very anxiously anticipating our ultrasound appointment on the 21st! I am DYING to know if we will be having a precious little girl or sweet baby boy so that I can narrow down my search for the perfect nursery decor. :) I still feel like it will be a little early though since I will only be about 16 and a half weeks, but oh well, we'll see...I'm not a doctor.
Speaking of doctors, Travis received his second invite to interview for medical school! This time he will be traveling all the way to EL PASO!! I know that this is extremely far away, but I'm also very excited for Travis to have this opportunity. Thank you to those who have been keeping Travis in your prayers, and please continue to pray for him as goes through this application and interviewing process. It has definitely been a learning experience for both of us as well as a lesson in patience. As unsure as I am of what the next year has in store for us, I am confident that wherever we end up, we will have a purpose for being there. (Although, I'm still hoping that our purpose is in Temple, but as I have learned, I have to let go of my life planning, because I am not in charge!) I heard a song on KLOVE this week by Francesca Battistelli that talks about letting go of the life that you planned and trusting that God has planned a life for you that can not compare to your own dreams. I love it! It's called "I'm letting go."
3 comments:
Haha... a shrimp does seem smaller than a lime?!
And while I SO hope you guys stay in Temple, I must offer you some encouragement in that fact that we weren't so sure about leaving Dallas for Temple, but now that we've met all these wonderful friends- we love it and are Templeton's for life! (Maybe a little exaggeration, but we are trying to at least be open!)
I can't wait to see pictures of the little lemon in the ultrasound! That is VERY exciting!! Know that you and Trav are definitely in our prayers - and we'll just have to take some road trips to El Paso if that's where you guys end up! =) I love that song too, and what a comfort to know that God's plans are way better than our own! =)
Post a Comment