IT'S A BOY!!!!!! We are so thrilled to finally know that this precious little baby that has been growing inside of me for almost 5 months is a BOY. He actually has an identity now which is so exciting. Travis was pretty shocked because he was certain that it was a girl, but of course, I knew all along. :) While the technician was zooming in all of the little parts of the baby to measure them, Travis was watching very closely over her shoulder. She was impressed that he could tell what she was looking at and knew the names of all the body parts and bones. I couldn't watch because she had the screen facing her so that she could see everything that she needed to see, so I just watched their faces. It felt pretty wonderful to see Travis smiling and to hear the technician tell me that everything was beautiful and perfect and that our little man was already quite photogenic. At one point, Travis looked at me and mouthed "I think it's a boy!" Sure enough, he was right!

He's already too big to fit in one shot, so there are several pictures with different parts of his body. My very favorite one is a shot of his tiny feet! They are adorable!!
I bet you can guess which picture is Trav's favorite....he is a proud daddy, and this baby is not shy!
The doctor came in and said everything looked perfect. From the measurements, they predicted that he weighs about 13oz. They didn't find anything abnormal, and he has all of the parts that he's supposed to have....that is always good to hear! The heartbeat was 138 beats per minute and his 4 little chambers were just pumping away. He also had the hiccups the whole time! It was so surreal because I could feel them and I was watching them on the screen at the same time. :) So far, I seriously love being pregnant. I can't wait to meet this little boy though.
Now the fun part begins- picking out all of the cute boy things that we "must have." I'm so excited that I can narrow my focus now and stop going back and forth between pink things and blue things. We also need to decide on a name. We thought that we were set on one, but now that we really know it's a boy, we're still leaving our options open. I guess there is no rush...at least I can say "him" now instead of just "it."
Thank you to all of you who were thinking and praying for us! We feel so blessed- God is good!




4 comments:
Congratulations! You guys are blessed. He will be here before you know it!
What a little miracle! That is so amazing! We're so excited for you guys.
YAY a boy, man i cant wait until he is here!!! Congrats to you guys, as if i havent sad that enough!! love you guys!
i meant said not sad... haha my mistake!
Post a Comment