Poor Colby has been fighting an ear infection for over a month now. :( We've been in to see the doctor 5 times ($150 in copays for those of you who are trying to add that up) in 4 weeks, and everytime we have gone in we've heard the same thing. The antibiotics just aren't working. We've tried 3 different rounds of antibiotics, and finally, last Friday, Dr. K. said "it's time to throw in the towel." He prescribed 3 days of Rocephin shots (which are apparently VERY painful...the nurses were all frowning when they came in to give it to him)
It's been 5 days now since the final shot, and I just can't tell if Colby's back to 100% or not. I DO think he's feeling better. I'm hoping and praying that he's feeling GREAT.
Dr. K. referred us to see an ENT (ear nose and throat) doctor, but our appointment isn't until Dec. 23rd. Hopefully Colby will be fine between now and then, because I'm not sure if there's much more they can do for him other than tubes. :( Poor little pumpkin. He's such a trooper though. The only reason why we've known he is sick is because he's fussy when we lay him down and he wakes up crying....which just isn't like him. He's also become very attached to his lovey and paci, but I don't blame him. Here are some of Colby's sick pictures from the past month.
ugh....When I took Colby in for his 2nd Rocephin shot, I LOCKED MY KEYS IN THE CAR! It was AWFUL! Especially since my husband was on his way to run in the Warrior Dash in Austin and my mom was at a baby shower. Luckily, my sweet mother in law was available to come get us. While we were waiting, we sat on the sidewalk and Colby fell asleep. I felt sooooooooo bad. He was screaming and crying from the shot and finally he just cried himself to sleep. (I just about cried myself to sleep also)
I learned after our first 2 trips, that Colby needed something to keep us busy. Cars were perfect!
This was our 8:00pm appointment (yes, I antibacterialized his hands after playing with the toys!!) when Dr. K decided to start the Rocephin shots. I was SO THANKFUL that Dr. K. was the night doctor that night.

poor sleepy pumpkin
This was at the beginning of the ear infection madness. Colby's fever got up to 103 and even 104 once. It was terrible. :( Thankfully, he only had a fever the 1st week. It was very scary for this mommy.









2 comments:
So sorry about the ear infections. Emma had to get 2 of those shots within ten hours of each other last Winter when she had pneumonia. They are very painful but from our experience totally amazing...she was a totally different child after. Hope he gets rid of it soon so that you all can enjoy the upcoming holidays.
Bless his little heart...I hope that the shots work and that you guys can be done with all of this!
Post a Comment