Friday, November 5, 2010

Adios October!!

And welcome November!!! We're already a week into November and I am finally having time to sit down, take a breath and reflect on the last week of October. Life at the Anthony house has been fast and furious, but I guess that's just how we've learned to function, and we all know that November and December are the busiest months of the entire year. I'm actually ready for it this year! Colby is at such a fun age. I think this year he will really enjoy all of the festivities....which will make it more fun for Travis and me, also. We've already put so many fun parties on the calendar that I'm excited about. Letter to Santa party, birthday parties, weddings, Thanksgiving, great-grandparents from Oklahoma visiting, Auntie Zia from London visiting, Christmas, BLORA, and the list goes on and on. I guess before I get ahead of myself, I'll start with the end of October. :)
Pops' Birthday
Tuesday night, we had dinner at my parents' house for Pops' birthday. One of Colby's new favorite activities is lizard chasing.
Colby and daddy searching for lizards
Gram and Colby were cracking us up. Of course we didn't get a fabulous picture, but we got about 20 different goofy ones!
Not sure how we missed getting a picture with Pops since it was his birthday, but I love that I can pull up these pictures with Gram and Colby can name who she is. :) Happy birthday dad- we love you to pieces!!
Wedding Shower for KP counselor, Sara
I feel like I never really have pictures with my KP family....even though they are the people who I spend the majority of my time with (or at least that's what it feels like). On Thursday afternoon, we had a wedding shower for our sweet counselor, Sarah. (in the middle with white shirt and black vest) I just love this picture that has a bunch of us in it!!
Colleen (my new and amazing 2nd grade teammate), Melissa Harper (my principal) and me hanging out during the shower
Caleb Smith's 1st Birthday Party
Friday night was Caleb's 1st birthday party! I had been looking forward to going to the Silo Pumpkin Patch all month!! Since apparently I cannot read an invitation, we almost showed up a day late, and even when I learned that the party was on Friday instead of Saturday, I still didn't realize the party was at 5:30....not at 5....SO....Colby and I showed up 30 minutes early and had lots of time to explore the property. The first thing we saw was this TRACTOR!!! Thank goodness the owners were not outside to see this because I'm pretty sure we would have gotten in trouble for getting this close. (the nice little couple that owns the place has lots of rules!!)
checkin out the pumkins

Sally took this precious picture of me with my little punkin'!! Thanks Sally!!
Colby looooooooooooooooooooooved the hay pile....Nona can attest to this since she was the one who bathed him that night...she said he had hay EVERYWHERE!
these kiddos were so precious!
look at my tiny little boy wanting to play with these big boys! Luckily, Colby's head was just short enough that they could swing the ball and it wouldn't hit him. They were very sweet to let him "hang out"
Our favorite photographer friend, Lindsay Rosenbaum, was there taking pictures, and of course she got some great shots!!
Colby and Jenna Mae- sweet little friends!
HAY RIDE!! Jenna was doing much better than Colby at this point. I felt like a terrible mommy when he was crying and begging me...."wubby, paci?? wubby, paci?? wubby, paci??" Let me just tell you that it's tough to get wubby and paci once this thing starts moving (it was in Colby's bag....which was not close...). We just did the best we could...and we made it thanks to Jenn's ice!!
Costume Party
After Caleb's party, I rushed home, and got Colby ready for Nona and Pappy's house, because Travis and I were off to a costume party! It's sort of random, but our friend Holly's boyfriend's brother was having a big costume party that we were invited to. I had never met these people in my life, but Travis and I are always up for a fun and random night, so off we went....as a red and green M&M!!! (Thank you Thompsons for the costumes!!) I must say that we definitely made an entrance in our humongous costumes and white pantyhose (actually, mine were leggings, but Travis was wearing legitimate pantyhose...) We had a blast and were so glad that we went!!
my twinsies in their adorable costumes....I'm the frumpy one in the middle if you can't tell...(I can't tell you how many times I've been mistaken for one of these girls....one time I was even mistaken for their older sister!!!?!?)
Kuykendall girls, Ashley and me!!
Baby Charli's first Halloween!!!! (Doesn't Ashley look adorable?!?)
Saturday night- Frog Prince
this little booger bear was not a fan of his froggy eyes and crown, but he loved waddling around in the frog feet! (thank goodness)
Colby's 2nd Halloween
1st stop- Garden Estates to visit Gram (they have a HUGE Halloween party that is open to the community. We didn't know what we were getting ourselves into, but there was some VERY LOUD karaoke, huge bouncehouses, and LOTS of precious gray-haired grandparents with bags full of candy to pass out...it was a bit overwhelming for our sheltered baby boy, but I was so glad we got to see Gram!)
she gave Colby a lollipop which made everything better
Wildflower Halloween Bash
Stop #2- Mimsy's house to meet the Stahls....Colby was so excited to give Halloween treats to Chandler and Reagan
Our kiddos had a BLAST running around Wildflower. They had lots of fun games set up, as well as a creepy tunnel, haunted blow up house, etc. Once Colby got warmed up, he had so much fun running around with Reagan and Chandler!! I couldn't believe he lasted all night with these frog feet.
Sweet Chandler and Colby
Trav and Dan with Colby and the girls
I thought Colby would be terrified of the blow up house, but he looooooooooved it!!!
coloring with Reagan
:)
proof that he loved this house!!
sweet hugs from Reagan
after the party, we played a little while longer at Mimsy's house
Trick-or-Treat!
Sunday night, we met for a yummy chili dinner at the Stahls and then attempted to take supper club pictures of all of the kids! It was HILARIOUS to say the least. This first picture of us trying to get them all set up just cracks me up.
Jenna Mae was not having it.....poor baby!!!
Here they all are!! :)
Next, we went trick-or-treating in their neighborhood. It was so fun!
some of the adults watching the trick-or-treat madness
me and my precious frog prince- I love this costume! Thank you Jackson, Jordan and Debbie for sharing with us this year.
I have to say that I'm extremely upset that somehow my pictures from Halloween night were deleted. :( I had some really cute ones of Colby and Travis, the Armstrong family, Colby playing with his new toys at the Anthony's house, and Colby and Mimsy reading a book. I'm still hopefull that they'll pop up somewhere...I have no idea how they could have been deleted, but if you have any ideas, let me know!!
I love October... But I love November more!! The weather is cooling off, and I am feeling abundantly BLESSED. Thank you Lord for amazing friends and family, a beautiful baby boy, a handsome hubby, and so much more! Bring on the holiday madness- we're ready!!!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

LOVE the M&M costumes!!!! The legs are definitely the best part. ;)

Jenn Pitts said...

I love all the updates and pictures!! Colby was a precious frog prince, and the M&M costumes are awesome!!! =) Trav looks good in pantyhose...haha!