Is a virtue, right? I'm not sure if it's being cooped up inside so much lately, or if God is just preparing us for a baby boy, but Buddy has been on a roll lately!!!! Last night, we got home from Cheeve's to find tissue paper and bits and pieces of a gift bag all over the living room!!!! The problem was, there was no gift to be found...I knew exactly what gift was in that bag...it was a Jon Hart wallet that I bought Travis for Christmas!! I was furious to say the least. We looked all over the living room for it (Travis didn't know what he was looking for, but he was being a trooper.) Finally, I found it...in Buddy's MOUTH!!!!! I was soooooooo upset with him! I didn't understand why he hadn't messed with any of the gifts for the past week, but tonight he decides to chew up the ONE nice thing I had for Travis under the tree. Luckily, the wallet was salvageable...sort of...it has teeth marks in it, but Travis said it gives it character...he actually got a pretty big kick out of the whole thing....I needed about 10 minutes to calm down, but then I was ok.

Then, last night at about 2am, we were awoken by the most disgusting sound of Buddy throwing up right by the bed! EW! Travis the trooper got it all cleaned up and we were off to sleep again. (except it took me about 2 hours to fall back asleep because I started thinking of all the things I needed to do today...)
This morning, I woke up, had a cup of coffee, was checking my email, and noticed that Buddy was being extremely quiet...usually he's right next to me sleeping or wanting me to pet him, so I knew something was up. I went to the kitchen to check on him and saw chocolate crumbs on the floor!!! He had gotten a half-loaf of chocolate bread off of the counter and eaten almost all of it! I just don't think that he relates punishment to crime very well...or maybe he just doesn't care! Of course, I got online right away and started googling dogs eating chocolate. I knew that when I was growing up, our chocolate lab ate an entire chocolate cake and she was fine, so I wasn't too concerned, but Travis thought I should call the vet just in case. (By the way, this never made the blog, but just a few weeks ago, I had to call the vet because Buddy ate 2 tiny screws from the vacuum...so I was a little embarrassed to have to call again...) They said he should be fine. It really wasn't enough chocolate to hurt him, and they just recommend keeping an eye on him.....


2 comments:
Aww look at that innocent face..haha
I'm glad that my dogs aren't the only stinkers around!! =)
Post a Comment