Friday, November 6, 2009

Visiting Gram


A few weeks ago, my dad's mother (Gram), has moved into a beautiful assissted living home, Garden Estates. It is very close to my parents house and I think that even though it is a difficult situation, it's great for her! In fact, her first night there (about 3 weeks ago), she was asked to play 42 with a group, and I think she's been playing just about every night since then! She even stayed out so late one night that they called my dad looking for her! :) I'm so glad that she is having fun with old and new friends and that we all know that she is being well taken care of. She says that the food is a little bland, so I think we finally got her hooked up with some pepper sauce...haha...but other than that, I think everything is going really well. We have been up to visit her several times already. The last time we went, Colby was determined to eat her necklace...we finally had to take it off so that he wouldn't break it. I enjoyed watching Colby roll around and play in Gram's living room, and he even let her hold him for a little while. I love precious moments like this!

No comments: