For the past few months Colby has had some sort of rash on his face. Almost like little tiny pimples and sometimes it even looks like bright red spots like chicken pox or something! I talked to several knowledgeable people about it and they all said that it looked like eczema and we should put some really good cream on it all the time, so that's what we did. (I have tried so hard not to be paranoid about it, but it's my baby!!) This week the rash started spreading down his neck a little bit so I finally made the decision to take him in. I couldn't get an appointment after school, so my wonderful mother and Colby's wonderful daddy took him to see Dr. Kastner today. Turns out that it IS eczema, and we've pretty much been doing everything right. (phew) We'll apparently be battling this for another few months while the weather is cold...hopefully it will go away in the spring!! He did say that we could use Vaseline or ointment instead of just the cream, and also wash his face with head and shoulders shampoo (I think the rash is caused from the same thing as dandruff....or something like that). He also said that if it really flares up badly we could put some hydrocortizone on it. SO....we'll see how it goes. I'm hoping that putting the ointment on his face will help alot. Poor baby!! Other than that though, he is healthy as an ox!! He weighs 21 pounds and 12 oz which is right at the 50th percentile. (you know how I love percentiles!!)
Tonight Colby was cracking me up!!! Every time I took a deep breath in he would laugh and laugh and laugh. I tried to catch some of it on video. (excuse the fact that my mouth was right next to the microphone....and that Travis was hollering that the bath was ready so I was hollering back! hahaha) You'll also see Colby's favorite trick- shaking his head "no, no". Pretty much if you ask him ANY question, he shakes his head no and smiles. :)
2 comments:
SUCH an adorable video!! Oh my goodness! And so sorry he has eczema- poor Colby!
That might be the sweetest "no" face I have ever seen! So cute!
Post a Comment