Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Train Date

Every day that I took Colby to Mother's Day Out this summer, we passed by the big train station downtown. EVERY time we passed it, Colby wanted to "go see it." EVERY time he wanted to go see it, we were running 5-10 minutes late, so we didn't really even have time to swing through the parking lot to see the trains up close.

Finally, on his last day of MDO this summer, I promised him that when I picked him up, we'd go see the trains. I'm not sure that I REALLY thought that through...in case you haven't noticed, the afternoon temperature around here hasn't been below 100 degrees in about 50 days!


we still had a good time....just a little more sweating than I prefer...Colby LOVED seeing the trains close up and even sitting in one



"see it?!???"


afterwards we played for a VERY SHORT time at the Whistestop playground....so fun, but just too hot





Bye Bye Trains! We'll be back when it cools off! (it is going to cool off, right???)

No comments: