On May 30th we went to see Dr. K. for Cami's 2 week check-up. I remember going in with Colby with a list of questions. This time around, I just wanted to make sure she had gained a little weight and that there was nothing visibly wrong with her. Much to my surprise, this hungry girl had almost gained a whole pound more than her birth weight. She measured in at:
Weight- 7lbs 6oz
Length- 20 in
We have a growing girl on our hands! Dr. K. was pretty surprised that she had gained so much (not necessarily in a bad way, but just surprised). I told him that we had been making the switch to bottles over the past couple of days and that she was eating 2-3 oz every 2-3 hours. He said that was perfect and in the next couple of weeks she could probably get up to 4 oz per feeding.
He reassured me that survival mode is ok at this point. It's ok if Colby wears the same clothes a few days in a row and we eat off of paper plates. :)
Oh, he also mentioned her "crazy hair"...haha...I don't know why, but I just LOVE it! It gives her a little personality (and from what I've seen so far, this girl is going to be a little firecracker.)
We'll be back in August for her next check-up. Can't wait to see how much she's grown. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment