Thursday, June 14, 2012

3 and 4 weeks

Notice that after 2 weeks it gets more and more difficult to update the blog (or unload the dishwasher or do laundry or take out the trash...) I don't know why this happens, but I remember the same thing happening with Colby. The first few weeks are fast and furious and full of adrenaline (and lots of extra help).
Weeks 3 and 4 just seem so much harder. I think sleep deprivation and reality begin to set in and it's just harder to get anything done other than feeding, rocking, changing diapers, cleaning bottles, pumping, etc....not to mention entertaining a very active three-year-old. :)  
We're taking things one day at a time and trying to soak up every sweet little moment that we can....no matter how tired we might be! My mom has been so sweet to keep Camryn during the day a lot of times so that I can take Colby on fun lunch dates, trips to the splash pad, pool days, etc. I have realized that it is near impossible for us to get out of the house before about 11am....and sometimes even that is a stretch. My mental schedule never really matches up with Camryn's schedule...but we make it work! :)
Sweet baby girl is going to sleep around 11 at night and then waking up to eat again around 2am and 5am...she is a HUNGRY girl and we can already tell that she is growing quickly.
She eats about 3 or 3 1/2 ounces every 3 hours during the day and usually every 4 hours at night.
We can tell that she is "filling out" much more quickly than her brother did when he was her age.
 Mayra and Lilli came by to meet baby Camryn and bring us dinner- so sweet!
 We've been attempting tummy time....she really seems to be working her muscles and lifting her head more and more...she's a strong little thing!
I'm hoping it will help relieve some of her tummy troubles, too
 this pink bouncy seat is her favorite place to sleep (thank you Grace for sharing!!)
 Melissa came to spend a night with us while she was in town for work....she couldn't get enough of baby Camryn!! (I had to pry her out of her arms when it was time to go to sleep)
 THIS is Cami's happy place....daddy's chest is her very very favorite place to be. 
He has still been getting up with both kiddos around 6am....I'm SO THANKFUL for those extra few hours of sleep!! Best daddy ever...

No comments: