Saturday, May 23, 2009

Erika's Graduation

Last night, Travis, Colby and I headed down to Austin for Erika's graduation from the MPA program at UT. It was really nice. The ceremony was only for the MPA graduates, so it was pretty small and laid back. Colby was wide awake in the car all the way to Austin, (which was strange...he always sleeps in the car!) and he was doing so well when we got there...but all of the sudden...right before they started calling out the graduates' names... he was not a happy camper. Around 8:00, he started getting fussy, fussy, fussy. He had done this the night before, and I have come to the realization that this just may be his "fussy time" that I keep reading about. He wouldn't take a bottle or the pacifier. He just wanted to fuss. I finally ended up taking him outside. He was SO tired, but he would not give up the fight. Finally...right as the ceremony was wrapping up, he fell asleep in his carseat. We missed seeing Erika walk across the stage :( but at least we were there!! CONGRATULATIONS Erika!! We're so proud of you!!! We'll miss you next year (Erika has a job in London!!), but promise to keep up the blog so that you won't miss anything. :)
Travis wanted to make sure Colby had his first picture taken with the UT tower :)
FINALLY- our sleeping baby (the bad thing was that this was short lived....he only slept for about 20 minutes before he was wide awake again)
Anthony Family
Travis, Colby and I with the graduate

sibling love

Colby and his Aunt Erika (she couldn't stand to leave him in the carseat :))

Yes...you read it right..."Future Heisman Trophy Winner 2030!!" I sure hope this little boy likes to play sports!!!

No comments: