Friday, May 15, 2009

Our Healthy Boy!!

Soooooo….we had our big 2 month Dr. appt yesterday and everything was great!

Weight- 12lbs1oz
Length- 22 ½ in
Head circumference 15 ¾ in

I forgot to ask what percentile those are….but after looking online it seems like he’s in the average range which is perfect.

The doctor said Colby was very healthy and looked great! I told him that we were concerned about Colby’s painful gas cries and grunts. He said that as long as he wasn’t crying for hours and hours (without stopping) or going 3-4 days without pooping, that it’s probably just normal baby gas. We’ll just have to be really good and patient about burping. Hopefully this will keep getting better and better. We’ll have to figure out what formula (when we switch over) and what bottles work best for him- the doctor said it’s all just trial and error and every baby is different. He said that in the next month or so he may stretch out feedings to every 4 hours and could eat up to 6 oz, but if he stays at 4 oz that’s fine too. 4 months is when we can introduce solids, but he did say that if we felt like Colby was always hungry at night that we could add a tiny bit of rice cereal to his bottle. (EVERYONE has told me to start this to help Colby sleep through the night...we'll see...dr. said that half of people think it works and half don't.)

He got 3 shots and an oral vaccine today. She said his legs may be sore for up to a week or two. He can take infant or childrens Tylenol every 4-6 hours if he needs to. She said he’ll feel like he has a cramp in his muscles for a few days so we could massage his legs to help make it feel better. Poor little baby. Holding him while he got the shots was awful!!! That was a new cry that I hadn't heard yet, and I don't want to ever hear it again! I was wondering if he was ever going to take a breath! (the nurse was so wonderful and super fast though- thank you sweet lady!)

I'm sad that I don't have any pictures from the appointment, but I was back in the room by myself and more worried about keeping Colby happy...oh well...I guess it's ok if I don't take pictures of EVERYthing Colby does...

1 comment:

The Armstrong Family said...

I'm so glad that Colby received a good report yesterday. We are LOVING watching him grown and seeing all of his changes. I bet you're glad its Friday...you were up late!