On Tuesday, the guys talked Elyse and I into going deep sea fishing with them. (thank you mom for staying with Colby!!)
I had nooooooooo clue what to expect. We had so much fun though. The Sure Lure boat that we went out on was pretty big...it even had a bathroom (thank goodness!) The Captain "Double D" was quite animated, and the guy that helped us with the rods and stuff was great. (I'm sure my dad was relieved that he didn't have to be the one putting the bait on my pole and taking the fish off...he actually got to FISH) First we fished for our bait....which was seriously hard work!! Then we went out in search of the big ones. I took 2 Dramamine that morning, but I don't think they were strong enough for the waves that day. I was not feeling too hot at all. I was good to go for our red snapper catching, but then I had to lay down inside the boat. I took a good 30 minute nap, and I woke up just in time to catch an amberjack! I felt MUCH better after my little nap. I had no idea how hard it would be to reel in those fish....it was one of the hardest things I have ever done and super intense!!! If you ever get the chance to do this, you definitely should. It's a bonding experience for everyone involved. :)
I even fell asleep with my fishing belt thing on....I had to be ready to go at a moments notice! :)
Travis was seriously afraid that Elyse was going to fly over the edge of the boat at one point
when someone would get a fish on their line, the captain would crank up some jams, scream and shout, and totally pump us up...it was so fun!!
HOLY MOLY! I almost forgot to mention the SHARK we saw!!!!!! We were headed back to the harbor when the captain cut the engine off and pointed to what we thought was a dolphin....sure enough, the closer we got to it, the more we realized it was not a dolphin....it was a huge hammerhead shark!!! The captain said it was at least 10-12 feet long. We tried to catch it using one of our snappers as bait, but we were kind of in a hurry, so it didn't work out. CRAZY!!
Here we all are with our red snapper- the deckhand cleaned them for us and we took them back to the condo. The guys ate fried snapper and baked snapper for the next few days


















No comments:
Post a Comment