Tuesday, July 20, 2010

ZMZ Ranch Camp 2010

ZMZ Ranch Camp is a family tradition that has been going on for quite awhile...as long as I can remember, at least. I remember when I was younger, we would either go to the river, the beach, or the ranch, and spend a week doing arts and crafts, playing games, and spending time with cousins that we don't get to see very often.
This year 48 of the Zinsmeyer (my Grandmother's brother's family)/ Macey (My grandmother's family...which would be us)/ Zinsmeyer (my grandmother's other brother's family) crew met down at the Frio River for a few days of fun in the sun with family. It was just as fun as I remembered it being.
Here's MOST of the crew....a few were taking pictures
Mamaw, Colby and I heading to the pool
Colby and his cousins Jackson and Jayci- they played SO well together!!
throwing rocks in the river with Pops
Thank goodness for Mimsy!! Colby took 2 two hour naps every day, and mom always volunteered to take him back to the cabin.
we missed Travis, but made the most of it!! (Colby said "dada dada dada the entire week!)
Chillin' with Pops...this is a rare, still moment
of course Colby felt the need to taste the lovely green algae on all of the rocks
"kids" picture...Bess was so sweet to hold Colby....I have about 10 pictures that look just like this....only Colby is SCREAMING in every one of them except for this one. :)
How beautiful is this?!? The Frio River is like a hidden jewel...I love it!!! The water is crystal clear and the scenery is amazing.
Here's the fam hanging out at one of the cabins after picture time
Morning #1 of pool time did not turn out so wonderful, so we got smart and brought our own pool for morning #2!!
Juice Man (juice boxes are one of my new favorite things!!)
I guess Colby is just kind of at an odd age for the pool. He likes to be in control of his body (running/walking around) so the pool isn't as much fun for him, but he DID like to jump!
Look what we found outside of our cabin one morning! A HUGE walking stick!!
Colby sporting one of his favorite "toys"
We have pictures like this of the 4 of us together that go all the way back to Christmas 1984! :) Our moms are cousins and were all pregnant at the same time. (and now Laura, on the far left, is pregnant also!!)
right before supper on our first night- here's part of the Macey crew hanging out on Mamaw and Papaw's front porch.
This is one of those things that once you start with a toddler, you better be ready to do it for awhile!! :) Colby looooooves straws....especially other peoples' straws...
Here's a picture of one of our traditions...you have to have graduated from high school in order to participate. Each night, the girls get together to play a superfun game called Tripoly. It's hard to explain, but it's so fun. On the last night, I won a ziplock baggie full of pennies!! (I can assure you that this is a BIG DEAL)
family time on the river
I just love catching up with everyone and listening to all of their funny conversations. :)
craft time
Colby was DYING to get in the river, so I dipped his tosies in
Harry and Debbie ready to float the Frio with Jayci and Jackson!
My mom's cousin Chuck ready to kayak!
Colby did not actually float the river, but he did have some fun times in the float with Pops by our cabin. On our last day, I got to float the river with my dad, Auntie Lisa and Papaw, and I'm SO glad we didn't take Colby. It was REALLY fun, but at times it was hard work and rough...definitely too rough for a baby.
Mamaw and Papaw
:)
My cousin Rebecca came with her hubby from Virginia, and they brought their newborn twin girls!!! How adorable are they?!? Colby loved looking at the babies...as long as his mommy wasn't holding one of them.
The younger kiddos got together on our last night to play BUNKO before the big girls played Tripoly. It was fun to watch them learn how to play...definitely brought back some memories. :)
OH! Here's my poker hand that won me a baggie of pennies!! WHOO HOO!!
FUN TIMES! I can't wait to see everyone again at Christmas, although...thanks to the 21st century, it's nice to see them on facebook, too. :)

1 comment:

The Armstrong Family said...

What a fabulous tradition! I have never been to the Frio, so it looks like I'm missing out!