Friday, August 13, 2010

Dive in!

The sign above my classroom door. :) I'm going to have to try to take a better picture of my mermaid at some point. This CRACKS ME UP!! I don't know what I would do without my teaching partner, Kim. She is sometimes the only thing that keeps me sane at school.
This summer we decided that we were going to do an ocean theme in 2nd grade. I didn't really know what we were getting ourselves into until Kim showed up with boxes and boxes and boxes of ocean STUFF!!! I have new goodies by my door every morning. :) The teacher name signs above our doors are by far the most brilliant thing ever, though. She went to GREAT lengths to find mermaids that were school appropriate. I love you Kim!!

Sign we made for our hallway
a few pictures of my classroom...I know most of you had never seen it before, but this is TOTALLY different than it's been for the past 4 years, so it's a little bit refreshing to have a whole new view in here

The mural that Kim and I hung in the hallway...my hope is that we will feel like we're on vacation all year long. :)
More pics to come....here we go again!!!

4 comments:

Jenn Pitts said...

Those students are so lucky to have such an amzaing teacher! I would love to be a student in your ocean classroom! =) And I think you make a great mermaid!!!

Haley and Austin said...

Your room looks great! I love it!!!

Kim said...

Can't believe it's already go time again! I'm LOVING the mermaid and am thinking it MUST make more appearances after the school year is over! :) So funny!!

Ashley said...

Pleas DO NOT throw the mermaid away after the school year. I want it for my fridge :)