Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Our life lately...from the camera lens of my phone

My camera has been on vacation for the past month or so, because I left my battery charger at a friend's house... so our life for the past 4 weeks has been captured from my phone. :) Here's a quick catch up.
SICK SICK SICK!!! This past weekend was terrible!
We had great friends in town from Austin who were supposed to stay for the weekend, the guys were supposed to golf, Kristin and I were supposed to shop, Colby was supposed to have a little photo shoot, we were supposed to go to Brooks' first birthday, we were supposed to host a baby shower for dear friends Trent and Ally, and we were supposed to start our small group back up on Sunday night.
We did not get to do ANY of these fabulous things because all 3 of us were SICK, SICK, SICK. It was terrible. It would have been bad enough for just one of us to be sick, but with all 3 of us being sick, it was a nightmare. I'm so thankful that we're just about over it.
The only good thing that came from this terrible weekend was that my little Colby bear was super snuggly. Poor little guy. So glad he's back to his old self though!!
my sick little bean coming to snuggle in bed with mommy
College Football Kick off!!
mmmmmmmmmm....happy hour! Last Thursday, after Colby's haircut, we headed over to one of my great teacher friend, Mayra's, house to see baby Lilly's nursery. There were about 10 teacher friends there to celebrate Lilly's upcoming arrival. She's pretty much due any day now, and it was so fun to see the adorable purple butterfly nursery all ready to go. Colby had a field day getting hand prints all over Mayra's glass coffee table, glass doors, and television that he figured out how to turn on and off. Thankfully my mom cleaned up after us when we left, so I think Mayra will invite us back when Lilly is born. :)
Debra had an empty cherry limeade cup that she gave Colby. I filled it up with water, and he thought he was HOT stuff! It gave him something to do on our way home, so thank you Debra!!
Megg's Cafe is one of my favorite new places in Temple. Travis and I had brunch there one day and it was SO good. They try to get a lot of their ingredients from local farmers, and there is a bakery inside of the restaurant that bakes bread, muffins, and now....cupcakes!
The first week of September, my uncle Harry let Travis invite a bunch of his guy friends out to his farm to dove hunt, so some of the girls got together at the Armstrong's house to have some girl time....well, girl time + Colby...poor guy. Anyway- Sally picked up Megg's cupcakes, and they were divine. I tasted a chocolate one with nutter butter icing- YUM, and I also tasted a vanilla one- YUM! I intended on bringing 1/2 of one home for Travis, but I had eaten most of it by the time he got home...oops!!
Jenna was so sweet to share all of her toys with Colby.
On Labor Day weekend, I felt such relief knowing that I had 3 days off to spend with Colby. The whole going back to school thing was really starting to wear me down, and I was thankful for the small break. On Saturday morning, Colby and I went to check out the farmer's market in downtown Belton. We saw a great high school friend of mine, Courtney, and her family there, and they helped us figure out how everything worked. Colby loved pointing to all of the new fruits and veggies and having me tell him what they all were. Now that he's copying EVERYTHING I say, it was pretty funny to hear his responses.
Me: potatoes
Colby: toes!
Me: green beans
Colby: GEE BEEN!
Me: peppers
Colby: popper!
:) I am LOVING this little copycat stage that he's going through...it's adorable!
After the farmer's market, we headed around the corner to Bodega Bean, a new coffee shop. I'd heard wonderful things about it, so I was excited to check it out. Colby was very near nap time, so we made it quick, but I got a frozen coffee drink that was amazing and a chocolate cupcake- YUM!!!!! The icing seriously tasted like fudge....I'm talking the Christmas goodie plate kind of fudge....so fabulous. You must check it out!
After Colby's nap that Saturday, we met the Stahl girls at the new Lion's Park area. I had heard great things about it and that it was handicap accessible, so I was hoping it would be age appropriate for Colby. It was WONDERFUL!! It's the perfect little park. I can't wait for the weather to cool off...we may go every weekend. There are lots of low ramps and little slides that Colby could maneuver all by himself. It was fun for him to explore a little bit, and I was so relieved that he loved the slides so much after our meltdown the week before at meet the teacher. Thanks for thinking of us Stahls!
Another one of Colby's FAVORITE things right now is "talking" on the phone. If I ever catch it on video, I'll definitely post it, but Colby will dial on the phone and then hold it up to his ear and start talking in a language that sounds like Chinese! It's too funny!!!!! He's also enjoying his leapfrog phone that he got for his birthday. You push a number and it has a little digital animation with a puppy dog. He loves it! It's like a game to him and will keep him occupied for quite a while.
usually when I ask him who he's talking to, he tells me daddy :)
we've spent many of the cool mornings outside...I think Colby's FAVORITE word is "outside!"
On the Friday before Labor Day, some teacher friends met at Debra's Shabby Shack in her backyard for a little happy hour. The weather was awesome, so we enjoyed the cool breeze while we all caught up on the first few weeks of school. It's always nice to vent with others who are going through the same things that you are, and to hear the funny stories that you may have missed. This is a picture of 9 month pregnant Mayra and little Gracie. This is proof that baby Lilly is ALL belly. You can't even tell that Mayra is almost due- she looks GREAT!!
awww....this picture brought me so much joy! This was Colby's 2nd day of MDO. Mom told me that Colby was pretty teary when she left him that morning, but this is a picture that Liz took at noon when she picked up Mason. Definitely made me feel better about my baby. Thanks Lizzy!
mowing the driveway for daddy
Another one of Colby's FAVORITE things is bubbles!!!! If he sees them, he WANTS them! He will say "bubbles? bubbles? bubbles" bubbles?" over and over and over again. Needless to say, I'll usually cave in and blow bubbles for him. The funniest part is to watch Buddy!!! He jumps all over the place trying to eat all of the bubbles. :)
Colby just stares at them in amazement.
bath time is always fun...it's a guaranteed 15-20 minutes of happiness
This picture just cracks me up. One Sunday we picked up Bush's Chicken on our way to Travis' parents house to pick up Colby. When I finished my drink, I refilled it with water for Colby. The cup was almost as big as he was. :)

1 comment:

Jenn Pitts said...

Oh my goodness - Colby is so precious!! I just love the Bush's cup picture too!! It really is about half his size!