Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cameron Park Zoo

So...Colby is 19 months old and I carried him for 9 months...that means that I've been waiting 28 months to take this little guy to the zoo!! :) Zoos are one of my favorite places EVER, and I just hope I can pass on that love to Colbster.

Our first family trip to the zoo was a huge success. It's been a rare occasion for all 3 of us to have a free Saturday morning and for the weather to be so wonderful.

love this face! Our first stop was to the restroom, so Trav and I took turns running Colby around in the front area to wait. He loved looking at the "water"


Colby also thought it was fun to push his own stroller around
The first animals we went to see were the monkeys! Colby was more interested in the swan that was swimming below us. :)
He cried when we finally drug him away from the swan :) We tried to explain that there was MORE to see, but he didn't understand...
I just love these pictures!!!
oh my goodness- this was the best! This little monkey came right up to the glass for Colby to see!!
Colby looooooooved the fishies
Nemo!!
looking at fish with daddy
I wasn't sure if this was going to be such a great idea....but Colby loved it! :) (glass slide into the otter tank....but there were no otters....)
big cats!
my little monkey!!!
awww....lovey monkey
riding the Komodo Dragon statue
kissing the Komodo Dragon....yes....mouth touched the glass...and this was probably the 20th mouth-to-glass encounter of the day....what are you gonna do?!?
the orangutan was being bashful
last bit of fun at the zoo was jumping on chimes. Colby wasn't heavy enough to make them "ding", but daddy helped him out.
by 12:30, we were fading fast...
and after 2 minutes in the car.....done... What a GREAT morning!!!!! I can't wait to visit the zoo again...hopefully soon. :)

1 comment:

Jenn Pitts said...

What a fun family trip!! I love all the pictures of Colby's expressions - priceless!