Tuesday, December 20, 2011

BABY GIRL!!!!!

After spending 19 weeks with Baby GIRL Anthony (please notice I took this picture with a PINK shirt on....I had a feeling....not a strong one, but a feeling), I finally got to examine all of her little teeny parts yesterday and find out that she was a SHE!!! The appointment started out a little stressful. Trav's staff doctor was so sweet to tell him it was totally fine to come to our ultrasound at 3:00. I was sure that they would be running late, because they always are. (isn't that what S&W stands for??? Sit and wait??) Well, they weren't yesterday! They called me back EARLY! I wasn't freaking out yet, because I figured I would still have to sit and wait in the little changing area for at least 30 minutes. They had me change into this blue gown thing....which I found out later was an accident...they had me strip down and wear that silly gown for NOTHING! Oh well. Anyway, I had just enough time to change and sit in the waiting area and they came in and called me back...all by myself! YIKES! I couldn't get ahold of Travis, but sent him about 15 texts. The tech was super sweet, asked me several questions, and then began the ultrasound....without Travis!! Luckily, the whole first part was just her trying to see certain parts and measure them and take lots of pictures for the radiologist to see, but I know that Travis would have loved to see all of that. About 10 minutes into the exam, Trav was calling me. He was on his way. I told him he better speed or else he was going to miss it! The tech finished all of her measurements and was about to turn the screen towards me to show me our sweet baby when Travis FINALLY flew in the door. Basically, before the tech could even get a word out or turn the screen to me, Travis pointed at the screen and said "That is a girl!" The tech followed that up with "yup- it sure it!" Seriously, I was kind of thinking....funny joke guys, show me the penis...but there was no penis! Just the 3 infamous lines. WE ARE HAVING A GIRL!!!!! We didn't get lots of great pictures, because baby girl would not sit still long enough to click the "freeze" button. She was literally doing flips in there. We got to see her put her hand up to her face and kick her legs way up over her head. (maybe she will be a gymnast) We are SO THANKFUL for this amazing miracle blessing that God has given us, and we were so thankful for the opportunity to SEE her yesterday!!!
Our "gender reveal" was totally unoriginal, but I figured it was at least a step up from just a text.
We had this sign on the door for when our parents arrived
and we wasted no time letting Colby open his early Christmas gift as soon as they all got to our house (it was torture waiting that long)










SURPRISE!!!!





I can't wait to pick out all things pink and ruffley for this baby girl. :) The baby blue was fun, but now that he has moved on to big boy jeans and t-shirts, I'm ready for a little pink around here. SO EXCITED!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Ummm... I just teared up reading this! Hormones much? But I am just SO excited for y'all. There's just something about having a boy and then getting to experience a girl! (I mean, I think there is... we didn't do it in that order!) :) Love you guys so much and can't wait to meet your baby GIRL in May!

Katy said...

How exciting! Thank Heaven for little girls :)