Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas at the Ranch

I love traditions!! Christmas at the Ranch is one of my favorites. We have pictures from Christmases all the way back to my very first Christmas at the ranch in 1984. (I'll have to dig them up...I think they need a blog appearance) It's so fun to see everyone and catch up with what is going on with all of my mom's cousins and their families. I hope that we will get to continue this fun tradition for many years to come. This year there were about 46 adults and 22 kiddos....definitely a FULL HOUSE. We have 7 babies on the way (so far) in 2012, so next year we will be busting at the seams! (but we wouldn't have it any other way :))
One of the ranch Christmas traditions is for all of the kiddos to take pictures in front of their stockings. You get a stocking until you graduate from high school, and then you're officially an "adult" I guess. All of the families bring goodies to put in the stockings, and we take pictures for like 5 minutes. :) We also make them sing Christmas carols, which Colby actually really enjoyed!!
Doesn't he look like he's dancing?!?? I was so glad he was a happy boy for stocking time.
After everyone has finished emptying their stockings, the adults start their own Christmas gift exchange....complete with gift opening, gift stealing, hollering, scheming, and laughing. Our family is pretty funny.
It's hard to squeeze almost 50 adults in the main room, but we manage to make it happen. Above is a picture of my grandmother and grandfather, and my 2 great-aunts, Vivian and Jeanice. :)
Colby was a little easier to entertain this year than he was last year. He liked watching all of his crazy relatives and playing with his cousins. (Thank you Michael for taking him outside to jump on the trampoline!!!)
Colby loved Mamaw's locket necklace :) (she should have never showed him how to open and close it)
Bess and precious baby Macey
After the Ranch festivities, we headed back to my grandparents' house in D'Hanis (about 15 minutes from "The Ranch") for naptime while the guys hunted.
ummm.....what is she doing? Can she play trucks?
Later that night, we had Christmas with my mom's immediate family. I was sad that it was our last big Christmas celebration of the year, but it was so fun to be with family and make Christmas last a little longer.
CUTE pillow! (yes, I brought it and I was determined to go home with it...sorry Deb!!)
This is Colby's "I'm 2 and I don't want to smile for a picture" face. Right after I took the picture, he said "Did I smile, mom?"
Colby got the COOLEST race ramp, remote control car, and Toy Story garbage truck. He LOVED it all!!!
Mamaw and Papaw were pretty pumped about their new coffee maker.
FUN TIMES! We had a blast hanging out with the fam. We are so lucky to get to celebrate with them each year!! Thank you for all of our Christmas goodies!!!!

No comments: