On our way home from the ranch yesterday, we made our 3rd and final trip to Seaworld for the year. I'm so glad we did! We only stayed for the afternoon, but the weather was perfect, the entire park was decorated for the Christmas season, and the look on Colby's face every time Shamu jumped out of the water and splashed was just priceless!! I didn't get many pictures because I only had my phone camera, but here are a few. They definitely don't do the trip justice. We had a blast together, and I can't wait to go back again!!

The first thing we did was the Polar Express 4D experience. It was just a little 20 minute version of the movie, but you get to watch it with 3D glasses, and there are several 4D effects like lights, rumbling seats, water sprays (definitely not Colby's favorite thing) and sounds. It was pretty cool. (Colby has still not forgiven the train for "accidentally" getting him wet)

Since we had about 45 minutes to kill before the next show, we stopped at the Bay of Play for some playtime. Colby and Travis had a blast crawling through tubes and running around on the suspended nets. (in the summertime, this is a water park, but it was pretty cool in the winter, too!)

Colby really wanted to eat this candy cane.... I guess after licking it he changed his mind....

You would think that this sleepy little boy would sleep all the way home, but that would be wrong. He closed his eyes for a few seconds on our way out of the parking lot, but then he was wide awake for the rest of the trip! I guess the days of traveling during naptime are over. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment