It's CHRISTMAS time!!! I cannot even express how much I love this time of year. It is so full of contagious JOY. It is extra time with family, it's parties with friends, it's HUGE smiles, it's celebrating blessings, it's a time of traditions, it's a time of giving, and a time to spread the word about the birth of JESUS and the promise of his second coming. This past week at Young Lives club, Michelle shared the story of Jesus' birth. I think most of the girls knew that Christmas was a time to celebrate the birth of Christ, but I don't think many of them had actually heard the story from the bible. They hadn't thought about what a miracle it really was for God to put a baby inside of Mary, and they hadn't thought about how much faith Joseph and Mary must have had even though other people looked down on them and might have been disapointed in them. We could never hear this story enough. God is SO BIG and so powerful and so loving. During this season, we celebrate his love for us in the form of a tiny baby born to a virgin, who saved us from all of our sins. THAT is something to celebrate!!!!
After the baby's Christmas ornament disaster a few years ago that sent me over the edge, I have loosened up a bit with the Christmas tree decorating. :) I pulled out all of the non-breakable ornaments for Colby to put around the bottom of the tree all by himself. :) His favorite, of course, was this CARS ornament from Nona.
KP "tacky sweater" Christmas party!!
COLBY AND SANTA!!!! This year, at the Pitts/Johnson's annual "cookies with Santa" party, Colby LOVED Santa. As soon as we walked in, Colby let Santa know that he wanted cars and trucks for Christmas. I think Santa will be able to handle that. :)
So glad "project Santa" was a success after I gave up last year. Colby is so excited about Santa this year!!Colby loved having Rhett push him around the house...haha...I feel like it should have been the other way around, but as long as everyone was happy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment