Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bittersweet Weekend

Holy Moly it's been crazy around here! As if having a baby wasn't enough, Trav studied like a mad man for the entire month of June, took a huge test last week and then had to leave for Oklahoma this weekend for an away rotation. This is mostly bitter for me, but I know that it's a little bit sweet for Travis. He misses his babies like crazy of course and wants to be home, but he's also excited to finally get to start spending more time in the orthopedic operating room, which is what he's been itching to do for the past 3 years. Hopefully spending a month with orthopedic surgeons in Oklahoma will help him prepare for his rotation at Scott & White next month!!
 This is pretty much how I felt on Sunday when Travis left...apparently Camryn agreed...
 Before he left, Trav tried to soak up as much time with this little monster as he possibly could. On Friday they took a day trip to Austin Park and Pizza and had SO MUCH FUN!!!! Miniature golf, pizza, bumper boats and go-carts with daddy. That's pretty much heaven in a 3 year old boy's eyes.
 Cami was happy to spend some extra time with her daddy, too :)
 Since Travis has left, Colby has spent quite a bit of time washing his trucks and "swimming" in the bathtub. Mommy is all about free entertainment in the air conditioned house! 
I am not kidding when I say that Colby spent 2 hours in the tub Sunday night!
I'm hoping that Camryn decides this would be a good month to start sleeping through the night! :)

No comments: