Every year my mom's extended family gets together for ZMZ Ranch Camp! The past few years we went to the Frio River, and this year it was South Padre Island. I originally told my parents we would have to pass on the trip this year. It was just going to be TOO much with a newborn and a 7 hour trip there and back, but after thinking about it, I decided we might as well go. Colby would have a blast, I wanted to hang out with family and I would have way more help than I would have had by myself at home.
I'm SO glad we decided to go. We all had a blast and made lots of memories. I'm not even going to try to get these pictures in order so they may be a little random.
I think she's ready!!
smiles for Mamaw
It was nice for Cami to spend some time with her great-grandparents
on Friday we went to the Sea Life Center which is super cool...they have tons of native fish and ocean creatures to look at and even some that you can touch and pick up...they are extremely focused on teaching people about ocean life, so it was very kid friendly and Colby loved it!
the first tank had a stink ray, some puffer fish and an eel (NOT a touch tank!)
Macey was too stinkin' cute!!
we finally convinced Colby to pick up a star fish
the sweet girl working there showed Colby how to hold them CORRECTLY
Colby definitely did NOT want to pick up a crab
I think Camryn was bored...
We got to watch them feed little tiny shrimp to the eel and stingray
Next stop was Sea Turtle Inc....so cool to see the sea turtles up close and personal. This place is basically a rehab facility for sick and wounded sea turtles. I'm pretty sure this one wanted to give Colby a big kiss!!
Colby and Macey being silly :)
Colby and Gerry
I had to bribe him with a Sprite to smile...and it wasn't even a good one!
On Friday night, my cousin Rocco did a Shrimp Boil for everyone. It was fun for us all to get together and hang out for the evening....it was LOUD and CRAZY, but fun!!!!
pretty baby Macey
sweet and happy Hudson
the beach is not Pops' favorite place, but Colby sure did love it when he came down to play!!!!!
Cami spent most of her time in the condo. It was just too hot and sandy for her to be outside much, but I did want to take her down to the beach at least once! :) She loved it.
.JPG)
pretty in pink with Dee Dee
cutie!! Check out that swim suit!!
rocking out on the balcony
I loved watching Colby run in the waves :)
The kids were having a competition to see who could dig a deeper hole or build a taller tower
Macey great-grandkids before bedtime
Pops-in-training (I think he wore this hat and these shoes at least once a day)
he loved "watching the waves" out on the patio in his undies (and he only tried to tinkle off of the balcony once....impressive)
playing in the sand with baby Macey (she wasn't too impressed with his 4-wheeler)
This was the first day we got there....he couldn't WAIT to get to the beach!!!!!
HB, dad and I went out early Tuesday morning for a guided fishing trip.
We didn't catch many, but we caught some big ones!!
Lovin' her beach view from the air conditioned condo
I could get used to this!
playing Bingo with pops and their "poker chips"
Adios South Padre- we will miss you!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment