Last weekend was jam-packed. We jumped from one party to the next....super fun, but exhausting! I had the swollen ankles and feet to prove it!!! (thank goodness they have shrunken back down to normal size...I couldn't even stand to look at them...)
Saturday morning we went to a couples shower/brunch for Drew Donnell and his sweet fiance, Paige. The theme was for us to help Paige with Drew's "honey-do" list. Everyone brought very manly gifts- tools, yard equiptment, etc. We signed in by writing our "tools to a happy marriage" on peices of paper that they put into a book for the happy couple. Everything was just SO cute and it was very nice.
Right afterwards, I headed to Salado for my college roommate, Liz's baby shower!! She looked adorable and got SO MANY cute things for baby Mason (who is due exactly one week after Colby). Whitney was there too, so it was nice to catch up with her- I don't get to see her often enough!
When I got home, Travis and I were off to Austin to meet up with 2 of his college roommates and their wives for dinner at Mandola's winery and restaurant in Driftwood, Tx. It was definitely worth the drive. The winery was beautiful and dinner was delicious. We spent the night with Dave and Kristin- always a fun time. (Kristin- thank you for the snickeroo coffee and breakfast in the morning!!! The pancakes were worth the wait!! :) haha)
...by the way....by this point in the weekend I was EXTREMELY disturbed by my feet and ankles...I had never seen anything so abnormal...on my body....it was gross....I contemplated taking pictures, but I decided nothing good would come from that.
Sunday was another day of FUN! We drove back to Temple and I was off to Haley's kitchen shower. My mom asked me to ride with my grandmother and one of her neighbor friends so that they wouldn't get lost....that was an adventure of it's own as I'm sure you can imagine! :) They were hilarious and would have never made it to the party without me! Haley's dishes are ADORABLE! They are brightly colored and have polkadots and swirleys and stripes- so cute! Jayci was such a great helper- she was in charge of bringing Haley the gifts and making sure the bows went into the bag.

After all of that excitement, my body was pretty much done. It's amazing how much harder your body has to work when you're carrying around a few extra pounds. (or a little more than a few...) I definitely had a fun weekend though! It's crazy to think that we only have a few more weekends without a baby...it's already March!! :)


2 comments:
I've been to the winery in Driftwood - it's so nice!! I loved the little Italian food restaurant there! That sure was a busy weekend! =)
I know these people!! Gretchen was my roommate in college for 2 years and her husband Aaron is so darn nice too. And Gretchen and I were in accounting classes together and worked for the same company for a while. Random! I love your blog. Good luck with the baby!!! See you sometime.... :)
Post a Comment