Monday, March 30, 2009

Getting out of the house...

We finally ventured out of the house this weekend to places other than Scott & White. :)
Saturday night, we headed out to the Macey Farm for a fun family dinner with my mom's side of the family. One of our great family friends, Carol, was in town for the weekend, and we had a wonderful time catching up with her.
Carol and Colby
Auntie Debbie and Colby at the farm
Brittany and Mimsy
Brittany, me and Haley
Sunday night, we took Colby to our small group bible study at Bob and Penny's house. It was a very special experience, because the group gathered around and prayed over him. I just love our small group and I love knowing that Colby has so many people who care about him and who are praying for him. I can't wait to see the plans that God has for his life.
I do feel like I need to apologize to Lee...not only was it our first time taking Colby out of the house for bible study, but it was the first time that he wet through his diaper...on Lee!!
I'm so sorry Lee!! Thanks for being such a good sport about it!! :)
Colby and I had a special surprise on Sunday. Allison came all the way from Houston to spend the day with us. She is also expecting and due in July...they're waiting until the big day to find out if it's a girl or boy!!!!
I thought I'd leave you with this precious face. :) I wish this picture did his fluffy hair justice. He took his first bath in the big bath tub with daddy last night and his hair was fluffing all over the place!!!!!

5 comments:

The Armstrong Family said...

What fun! So glad Colby is already getting around and socializing with everyone. We love seeing him! I think Colby just knew that Lee wouldn't mind the leakage. He's a big boy and can handle it!

Rachel said...

Oh so precious!!! He is already growing so much!! I am sad the we missed him on Sunday! I love checking all of the updated posted pictures of him!!

Anonymous said...

You look great! You don't even look tired! I can't believe you just had a baby and are already getting out of the house. It took me forever to take Ty out of the house. I love keeping up with you and seeing how big Colby is getting.

Kim said...

Oh, so sad we missed you guys on Sunday! And sad we missed the incident... OF COURSE it would happen to Lee! :)

Heather B. said...

Oh, Mary Beth, he is just PRECIOUS!!!! I hadn't checked you blog in awhile and was SHOCKED to say the least that there were pictures of him on here! You look so happy and I know you are loving being a mother. It shows all over your face!!!