After a month of going back and forth and trying to decide what to do, we've FINALLY made the decision to go to Destin no matter what!! Yes, there have been tar balls or tar chips or whatever you want to call them on the beaches, but overall, it sounds like it's still beautiful and we're going to support them during this terrible oil spill event. I cannot wait to spend a week with the fam in July!!!! (not so much looking forward to the car ride with a 15 month old, but I'm trying to stay positive!! :))
Destin holds a special place in my heart. I went on a family vacation with Travis' family to Destin when we first started dating. We also celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary there with Hope and Jeffrey, and then last summer went back with Hope, Jeffrey, BJ and Ashley. It's one of the best places in the whole world, and I'm really hoping that they will somehow escape any huge damage from the oil rig explosion tragedy.
this is the beach last summer....my favorite thing about the whole trip is the beauty of the white sand and turquoise water...it's breathtaking!
DESTIN, FLORIDA 2009
View from our condo during our 1 year anniversary trip in 2007
DESTIN, FLORIDA 2007
I'm definitely going to have to dig up some Anthony family vacation pictures from Destin 2003!!





2 comments:
SO FUN!! We are going no matter what as well!! One of these summers we will have to time it and be there at the same time!!
Yay!! I'm so excited about Destin! I'll definitely let you know what it's looking like! =)
Post a Comment