I think I posted a few weeks ago about the events going on this summer at our public library. Last week, Colby and I tried it all out with some friends, and we learned alot! :)
1) Wednesday toddler time (10:30) and the general storytime (11:00) are almost the same thing. Storytime is a little longer, there are a few more people there, and they show a short video at the beginning. The toddler time is so precious! They play a warm up song that the kids learn motions to, then they read a few stories, and then there's a closing song/dance.
Last week, we stayed for all of it. It was nice because Colby and Mason could run around and play together. It wasn't too crowded, and there was lots of space for them. They were really good considering they hadn't had naps. We will definitely try to make this a weekly event.
It didn't take long for them to get into trouble!! :)
Rachel, Brooks, Kim and Baby Grace watching from the sidelines :)
2) Thursday morning programs are crazy! There were tons of moms, dads, daycares, strollers, babies, toddlers, big kids, etc, etc, etc, and not much room for Colby to run and play. It was also too long for Colby's toddler attention span. I think it will be GREAT for him when he's older, but for now I think I'm going to stick to toddler/storytime most weeks.
The best part of Thursday was ducking out a little early and having a lunch date at Chik-fil-a! I tried the new spicy chicken sandwich. It's awesome!!! And the employees there were soooooo sweet to us! They brought us our food, rearranged the tables, brought over some high chairs, put little sticky placemats down for the babies who were eating, and checked on us every so often to make sure we didn't need anything. THANK YOU Chik-fil-A for being so wonderful. We'll definitely be back soon.
notice the difference in the amount of people!
Sweet Landyn playing with baby Grace
snack time
Lilly and Colby finally got to meet! She is sooooo adorable!
These kids were ready to MOVE
YAY for Chik-fil-A!! Mason was enjoying his lemonade.
Grace and Lilly were hanging out on the "girls' side"
Somehow Colby ended up with 2 sticky placemats....and he needed them both















2 comments:
Love those pictures of the boys playing! I totally missed that! Hope y'all have fun this week and Grace and I will see you there next Wednesday (at 10:30 this time!) Love you guys!!
Oh, and I hope you don't mind but I'm going to steal some of your pics for our blog!! :)
Post a Comment