Friday, December 24, 2010

Ear Update

Wednesday morning, we went in to see Dr. Hutchinson to talk about Colby's ear infections and discuss the possibility of tubes. The appointment was scheduled right in the middle of Colby's regular nap time. I was so thankful that Travis and I could both go, but in the end, it didn't matter. Colby screamed and hollered during the entire weighing, temperature taking, ear, nose and throat checking process. Our poor little guy was EXTREMELY unhappy. I felt bad, because I knew he was just so tired, so it really wasn't his fault.
Through all of the screaming, we did get some info from the doctor, and we all decided that it would be best to go ahead and schedule Colby to get tubes in his ears. There were 2 main things that made the doctor think that Colby will just be one of those kids who are prone to ear infections. 1) he had ear infections over the summer....the lease likely time for colds and ear infections, 2) he started getting ear infections before he even began going to mother's day out.
My prayer is that the day of surgery (January 4th) will go smoothly, Colby will not try to fight too much, the doctors will have steady hands, Colby's body will react normally to the anesthesia, and that he will have a quick recovery. My long term prayer is that this surgery will really help with Colby's ear infections, and that the tubes will help his ears to drain properly. As much as I wish we didn't have to do this, I also know that this is probably the answer to our prayers to relieve Colby's ear pain.

1 comment:

marilyn said...

I am sorry he has to get tubes, but that will be an extra day off for me(I'll be thinking about ya'll though)!!!!