I've been going back and forth all summer thinking about whether or not Colby would enjoy going to see Cars 2 at the theater. To say that he is obsessed with the original Cars movie is an understatement. (Thank you Kim V. for letting me borrow your copy back in May....our lives haven't been the same since)
Cars is a part of our daily summer routine. Pretty much any time that we are home, (which isn't too often) Cars is on the TV. Colby has several lines memorized that he will pull out at random times. Yesterday in the car he started saying "Stiiiiing like a beeber!" (aka- sting like a beamer). :)
WE LOVE CARS!!!!
There are 2 things that have been holding me back....1) Colby HATES sudden noises, loud noises, dark places, new places, and anything out of the ordinary. To me, movie theaters are all of those things!
2) The movie is about 2 hours long....I'm not sure that Colby has sat unrestrained for 2 hours ever. When we watch the movie at our house he's moving around, playing with his cars, going from one chair to the next, etc. So I wasn't sure he could actually handle sitting for so long.
This morning, I just decided I wanted to take him! I figured $11 wasn't TOO much for some morning entertainment, and I just really wanted him to get to do something new and fun.
He was SO excited to see the movie poster when we got there! You can't really tell, but he's clinging to his Lighting McQueen toy from Mimsy in his left hand. :)
ok mom, that's enough- let's go!
He looks terrified in this picture, but he was not scared AT ALL! It was LOUD in there and the beginning of the movie is pretty intense, but he loved it. The skittles that we bought helped hold him over for a little while, then a ring pop, then some graham crackers, then a Gatorade, then his lovey and paci, then my lap, and then.....after about an hour and twenty minutes....he was done. He wasn't bad by any means, but he was just antsy and wanted to talk to me about the movie, which I figured no one around us would really appreciate, so we packed up and got out of there before any big meltdowns occurred. I'd definitely say it was worth it and we had a fun morning together!
Maybe we'll try Winnie the Pooh next week??...It's only 60 min. :)
1 comment:
OMG I scrolled down to the picture of him with Skittles and I thought it was a baby picture of Travis........he is a mini-Trav!!!!
I want in on Winnie the Pooh. He may ask questions that only a Pooh lover can answer!!!
Post a Comment