Less than 2 weeks until we meet our baby girl! (I still find myself wondering- is this REALLY happening?!?!?!?)
This pregnancy is so different than my first. With Colby, we were totally shocked when they told us we were having a baby at 37 weeks! We had NOTHING ready.....no bags packed, no carseats installed, no baby clothes ready to go, we weren't mentally prepared, I was TERRIFIED to have a c-section, it was just crazy.
This time everything is like it's "supposed to be"....Camryn is head down, I've made it past 37 weeks without any problems, clothes are washed and put away, hospital bags are packed and ready to go for Cami and mommy, I have an overnight bag ready for Colby (including brand new jammies for his first night as a big brother), big brother shirt is ready to go, pack n play is set up in our room.....we are just WAITING. I know that this is what "normal people" go through anxiously waiting for a baby to come when they're ready, but eeeeeeeeeeeeek...it's crazy! (and exciting of course)
I think I let 37 weeks get away from me....oops!
Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE Camryn's room?!?? I'm so glad that I left her daddy in charge of the paint color. It's adorable and so much cuter than if I would have picked things out.
Chair and wall monogram should arrive this week- yay!!

I think it's so funny how people analyze pregnant bodies. (it doesn't bother me at all- totally makes me smile!) Yesterday, all in the same day, I heard:
"Oh my goodness- that baby has dropped!"
"She's so high...she just hasn't dropped at all"
"You can't even tell you're pregnant from the back"
"You finally look pregnant!"
"You're getting big"
"Your face still looks skinny"
and last, but not least,
"I think your lips are starting to swell...that means it's almost time"
(this was a new one for me)
Travis made a flower bed in the backyard for baby Camryn. (Remember the Colby tree? He has a thing for honoring babies with plants)
It looks GREAT and I can't wait for the crape myrtle (at least I think that's what it is) to start blooming. :) (maybe right around Camryn's birthday??)
I was determined to be more dilated this week than I was last week (2.5 cm), so last night Colby and I went for a little walk around the neighborhood. We tried to take Buddy with us, but I quickly realized that at 38 weeks pregnant, I had no business trying to corral our crazy dog and a 3 year old in a stroller!
I had LOTS of contractions while we were walking and even all night, but they were never really regular and not too strong. I was so sore afterwards that I'm pretty sure I did more harm than good....not wise to wait until 38 weeks to work out for the first time during pregnancy...
Today I was supposed to have an appointment with Dr. Greene in the afternoon, BUT it didn't quite work out the way I had planned.
On my way to school I got in a little fender bender and was rear ended pretty hard. I had just dropped Colby off (THANK GOODNESS), no one was injured, the man who hit me was very nice and honest about what had happened, and their insurance has already called and assured me they are accepting 100% liability, so all of those things were a huge blessing.
I was super shaken up after it happened. I really felt fine, but after talking to labor and delivery and Dr. Greene's nurse, I realized that I hadn't really been feeling Camryn move since the accident. (although, that really didn't seem strange to me because it's not like she moves around 24/7 and there's not much room left for her to move in there!)
After talking to an OB buddy, Travis called me and insisted that he come pick me up from school and take me to be checked out just to make us both feel better. (He was SO SWEET- he even ran to our house first to get Camryn's and my hospital bags just in case....I love that guy!)
We were monitored in the SAME room I was monitored in with Colby....definitely brought back some memories!! Camryn's heartbeat looked GREAT and of course as soon as I got there my contractions slowed down to almost nothing and Camryn started doing flip flops in my tummy to show us she was ok. (that may have been partly due to the fact that I chugged a Dr. Pepper at school (Kim V's advice) to wake her up and make her move)
They had to keep us for 2 hours so we got to catch up on some good morning TV.
Luckily, Dr. Greene was in labor and delivery today and came to check me out so I wouldn't have to come back for my appointment this afternoon. Everything looked great. Nothing has really changed since last week (she told me I was almost 3 cm) and Camryn's head is still down. We talked a little bit about the decisions we may have to make next week as far as c-section, regular delivery, inducing, etc, but for now, it's all still up in the air until we see what happens at my appointment next Tuesday. One more week of this waiting game and then the fun can begin!!
Although it has been a CRAZY day, it has also been full of big blessings. Thank you SO much to my 2nd grade teammates who divided my class up between themselves and took on extra kids today. I know that was a huge sacrifice and I OWE yall big time!!!!
Can't wait to see what the rest of the week has in store for us. :) Hopefully it will be a little less hectic...





No comments:
Post a Comment