The first full day that we were at home, we started to notice that Cami was getting a little yellow. I wouldn't have even noticed except that we had been through the jaundice ringer with Colby, so I was a bit paranoid about it. We had about 24 hours until her newborn follow-up appointment, so I was on a mission to NOT have to spend another night at Scott and White like we did with Colby. I knew that if her bilirubin level was high enough, they'd have to admit us, so we made sure that she got some time in the sunshine and I woke her up to eat every 2-3 hours all day and night. I could tell that she was extra sleepy, because she went from 30 minute feedings to hour long feedings. She just couldn't stay awake....poor baby girl.
I left my camera memory card at home when we went for Camryn's newborn follow up. :( I got some pictures on my phone, but then dropped it in the bathtub, so I guess those pictures just weren't meant to be! Camryn did have to get bloodwork done to measure her exact bilirubin level because she measured so high on the quick screen. If her level was 18 or higher, she would have to be admitted. Otherwise, we would just have to come back in a day or two to check it again.
Her level came back at 14- YAY!! We didn't have to come back for two days.
She weighed 6 pounds 2 ounces which was a healthy amount of weight loss, and everything else looked GREAT.
We went home and fed and sunbathed for the next 2 days...
On Sunday we headed BACK up to Scott and White to check and see how Cami was doing.
It was our first time to have TWO kiddos in the back seat!! I loved it...and so did Colby. :) He loves his big brother duties.
We were SO proud that Camryn had done so well in just 2 days. Her bilirubin level was so low on the quick screen that they didn't even have to do blood work- praise the Lord!
She had also gained 3 ounces in just 2 days and was up to 6 pounds 5 ounces.
After Cami's check-up, mommy had a little check-up too. Thankfully, my doctor agreed to give me some serious pain meds, and I've actually been feeling better and better since then.
No comments:
Post a Comment