Saturday, August 15, 2009

Feed me!!

We have a hungry little hippo on our hands!! Dr. Kastner gave us the "go ahead" for starting fruits and veggies, and Colby is in love. My sweet mom went and bought quite a variety of veggies to start out with. We made an eating schedule since we wanted to try one food at a time for 3 days each, (to catch any allergies) and since mom starts her "daycare duties" on Monday we wanted to be on the same page. We started rice cereal about a month ago, but not really consistently. I just fed him whenever I thought about it. Now we are aiming for 3 "meals" a day. One rice cereal meal and two fruits or veggies. (although sometimes he's so hungry he'll eat an entire thing of veggies AND some rice cereal...Travis says that we're growing an athlete, so I guess that's ok...?!?) We have already gone through 3 days of peas and 1 day of carrots...so far so good. It's actually really fun. I also bought some of those mesh teethers that you can put ice or fruits/veggies in for them to chew on, and Colby loves this! We did crushed ice for 2 nights and then last night Travis put in a frozen strawberry and that was a big hit! It kept Colby occupied long enough for us to eat which was a treat for us. :) (I know this violated the one food at a time rule, but it seemed like a good idea at the time, and it turned out just fine) I know that many of you are worried that Colby will catch on to his mother's pickiness, but don't worry!! I think we are going to have a good eater like his daddy!!
"if you don't feed me more I'm going to eat my hand!"
looooove rice cereal (it even smells good to ME so it must taste alright)
peeeeeeas pleeeeeeeease
WOW- sooooooooo...the carrots are a little runnier than the peas....and they make a huge orange mess
but Colby loooved them!
Here are some videos I took of Colby's first veggie experiences!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

What a good little eater and such a cutie!! And you can tell he LOVES his mommy the way he looks at you! I definitely laughed out loud at your... "Mommy's gonna gag- yes, mommy's gonna gag" all in your sweet mom voice!

The Armstrong Family said...

I love the carrot picture and I totally laughed out loud at your gagging comment, too. He is too precious!

Jenn Pitts said...

I love the videos!! What a cute little veggie eater he is! And I can't believe you didn't try his peas Mary Beth... =) (I actually hate peas too!)