Saturday, August 29, 2009

Week One...and pictures...

Where do I begin? It's been a WILD week. Who decided that we needed to be in school for a full week on the first week of school? It was too long for those babies and too long for me. BUT...I love my new class!! They're awesome. I also love teaching all subjects. I'm actually beginning to love reading and writing more than math and science. (for the past 3 years I have only taught math and science, but now I am self contained) I love reading aloud and watching how much the kids love books, and I love sharing stories with them through writing. I'm really hoping that this year is going to be the best one yet. I have alot more going on at home (obviously) so I'm really going to have to get organized, but I'm up for the challenge!

I decided the best way to post my favorite recent pictures would just be to post them all with captions instead of dividing them into seperate posts, so here you go!! We've had a busy but fun few weeks!!
my friend, Melissa, sent me this one!! She came over about a month ago and was obsessed with that naked little bottom. :)
last Tuesday, Whit came down for Waco to eat with us- we LOVE her so much
Next time we'll know to get this picture at the beginning...the boys were pooped. I had to stick a bottle in Colby's mouth and then pull it out quick for a picture. If you look closely, there is milk running all down his face!!
Last Wednesday we went to Allyson and Trent's house for a girls night. We finally got to meet Jennifer and Taylor's new edition- baby Evan!! He is soooooo tiny and precious and a wonderful baby.
Colby loved playing with Ally
when we got home I took a picture of Colby with my phone to send to Travis...Colby was grabbing for it and loved looking at himself. (he has started grabbing EVERYTHING...phones, remotes, beer cans....everything!!!)

Saturday we started our morning off with a quick nap and then off to Jackson's 3rd birthday at one of Temple's splash parks. I had never been and had no clue what to expect, but we had a blast. Colby loved it!!

Happy Birthday Jackson!!!

Debbie wanted to play with Colby as soon as we got there. Check out his flip flop sandals- he was decked out and ready to go.

Colby with auntie Debbie, Haley and Austin (notice he's grabbing for Deb's camera)

Haley May took Colby out to cool off in the splash park. He loved the mister and the small fountains.

These boys are so silly!

I love this picture. I think Colby was looking up to Jackson and wanting to be a big boy too.

After the party, we zipped over to Gram's house to see Kelli (in town from Chicago) and Mary Jane. This was Kelli's first time to see Boogie in person.

Colby played with Aunt Mary Jane for a long time- he loved her!

in the car after a long day

naked baby!

I took this picture for all of you out there who wonder if Colby ever gets fussy...yes, my sweet little boy does go downhill very quickly when he is tired

after bath time- sometimes Colby is screaming after his bath and sometimes he's perfectly content. When Trav isn't home, I have to lay Colby on the floor in his towel so that I can dry off and get dressed before I get him ready for bed. For some reason he loves that. I caught him talking to himself. He cracks me up!!


No comments: