Saturday, August 15, 2009

TBC Nursery

Last weekend, Travis and I decided it was time for our big boy to play in the church nursery during the service. I love having him in church, and I know everyone loves to see him, but he always gets fussy and I can never focus on the worship or the sermon....and I'm sure the people around us probably can't either. SO...it was time. I knew that the sweet ladies in the baby room would love on him and give him everything he needed.
Everything went...ok...it started by us waiting for about 5 minutes because the baby room was already full, but they were waiting on another volunteer to come. All of the babies were crying and the two ladies who were in there seemed a bit stressed. (understandably!!)
Finally the 3rd volunteer arrived and we pretty much dropped Colby and ran. :) I knew he was tired, and I told them that he had a bottle ready to go if they needed it. I was a little worried that they wouldn't know to hold in his paci or snuggle his lovey blanket next to his face to help him fall asleep, but I also knew that they would either figure it out or flash our phone number on the screens in church...I knew nothing bad was going to happen.
When we picked him up, he was one of the ones being held (you know what that means). The lady was very nice and said that he had just woken up from a little nap. She also mentioned that he was NOT happy with them for awhile when we first dropped him off....oops....
The good thing is that TBC is moving back to 3 service times next week which will spread the babies out. Also, the busiest time is 9:30, so I think if we go to the 11:00 service, maybe there won't be so many babies. Also, if we go at 11:00, Colby should have already gotten a morning nap, so he should be a little less cranky and ready to play. :)
After church, we had lunch at Gram's house. She hadn't seen Colby in a few weeks, so thankfully he was in a pretty happy mood.


No comments: