Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine's Day

I LOVE Valentine's Day! I know that it's a "Hallmark holiday", but I don't care! I'll take any excuse to celebrate love and hugs and kisses! :) Also, 4 years ago, Travis proposed to me on Valentine's Day weekend, so that makes it even more special.
This year was pretty low key, but that's the way I like it...especially right now with the baby bump. I'm all about comfort these days. We decided to buy some really good steaks and just cook dinner at home. It was perfect! Dinner was delicious!!! Afterwards, we decided to get a movie on demand....Stepbrothers! (how romantic, I know!!) but we both fell asleep half way through the movie. I won't tell you what time it was, because it's kind of embarrassing, but anyway- we had a great night together. Our last Valentine's Day without kiddos...pretty crazy!
Travis was very productive during the day on Saturday. He built himself a work table in the garage and a cubby for his mini-fridge, and he organized all of his tools and trinkets. He LOVES things to be organized and in their place, so he really enjoyed this. Here is the final product before and after the organizing...also, I uploaded a picture of Buddy...he cried all day long because he wanted to go in the garage with Travis!



Also, last Thursday, Junior League threw a Valentine party for the Child Life department at Scott and White. It was so fun!!! We set up stations so that the kids could decorate Valentine bags, get Valentine tatoos, and decorate cookies. They loved it all, and we loved it just as much as they did. Here are some pictures from the party- thank you Sally for being the photographer!!!




I loved this girl, Monay! She wanted to make bags and cookies for all of her nurses and doctors!! She let me help her, and I loved it! She even made me a pink heart bracelet that matched my outfit. :)

2 comments:

Jenn Pitts said...

Yay for Valentines Day! I'm very impressed with Travis' workbench too - that's big project for one day!

The Armstrong Family said...

I totally relate to Travis' love for organization! Way to go, Dr. Anthony :) You were such a sweetheart and big help for the Vday party... You totally made Monay's day!