Monday, February 2, 2009

Say goodbye to the "mancave"

We had a very fun and eventful weekend!! I will have to post a little each day just to get all caught up with pictures and stories.
Here are a few pictures of the nursery progress...Travis and his dad put up the chair rail Saturday morning, and Travis started painting it on Sunday. Saturday afternoon we went to Austin and bought baby furniture, so now that we have the dresser, crib, mattress and bedding, I can't wait for Travis to finish painting so that we can get all of the furniture in and put sheets on the bed!!!! (Yes, I know that Colby will not sleep in this room for months, but I am nesting!!)




Saturday afternoon, we had lunch with Dave and Kristin at Chuy's- yum! We sat outside because it was so gorgeous, and a bird pooped in Kristin's hair!!!!! She was such a good sport about it....I probably would have been crying and freaking out...especially with all of these extra hormones! But Kristin handled it like a champ, and we got an umbrella....
Then, they so kindly went with us to Babies R Us to help us get our baby furniture. It's a good thing that they were there. The whole day turned into an ordeal! Luckily, Travis and Dave are the kings of wheeling and dealing, and we ended up getting a pretty good deal on some nice furniture. AND, to top it all off, on our way out of the parking lot, Dave and Kristin surprised us with a special baby gift-our travel system!!!!! :) We put it together as soon as we got home...I wish Buddy would fit in the stroller so that I could use it now!! I LOVE IT- thanks Storers!!
And of course, no post is complete without a Buddy and mommy belly picture! :) This is right at 31 and 1/2 weeks!! Only 8 and 1/2 to go....

2 comments:

Mary Helen said...

You look adorable! I am so glad you found some furniture. I know his room will look great and be done before you know it!

The Armstrong Family said...

This title is my favorite! Poor Travis without a "man cave." I'm so glad that things are looking more like baby around the Anthony house. I hope I always tell you how GREAT you look! Colby is going to have one gorgeous Mom.
...And by the way, I don't think I would have been as good of a sport if a bird pooped in my hair! What sweet & generous friends.