Colby is taking a nap in his "real" crib for the first time today (his one month birthday)!! I have tried to lay him down in there a few times in the past, but he has gotten so upset that it wasn't even worth it. Today he cried for a few minutes, I went in with a pacifier, he laid awake quietly for about 15 minutes and then he slept for 2 and 1/2 hours (so far)! yay!
Soon we're going to try to put him to sleep in there at night, but for now, napping in his room is a huge step.
If we don't swaddle him up, he sleeps with his arms up like this- I love it!



4 comments:
I know..that monitor is the best!! How cute is he! Reese hated to be swaddle too..but hated sleeping on his back. It was HORRIBLE! Wanted to be snuggled next to me all the time when he slept. It was CRAZY, I know I spoiled him too much! I remember those first naps in the crib...made me sad that he was growing up BUT happy that I had some "me" time!
Yeah! Way to go!! That is a big step!! I want to get one of those video monitors this go around! He looks so peaceful sleeping!! I would probably just sit there and watch him on the monitor for the entire two hours!!
What an accomplishment. Your sweet baby boy is already learning to trust that you will come and "get" him in a new place. He's so brave!
The video Monitor rocks! Ty is almost 2 and I am still SO attached to our video moniter. I am sure it is time to cut the cord but I can't:)
Post a Comment