Thursday, April 23, 2009

Catching up

I can't believe Colby will be 6 weeks old tomorrow!!! The past few weeks have gone by so fast. I have loved being at home with him, and I'm finally starting to get used to being a stay at home mom. I'm sad that I have to go back to work soon, but I'm so thankful for the 6 weeks that I've had so far, as well as the next 2 weeks that I still have at home.

Travis and I have both noticed that Colby is starting to get a little personality. He's awake for longer periods of time looking all around, he's grabbing things TIGHTLY (including my hair and Buddy's hair!), he grabs my hands when I'm feeding him a bottle, he holds his head up pretty well when he's laying on his tummy or when he's up on our shoulder, and he's sleeping in his crib during naptime and at night. Our routine is still a little rocky. Every day is a little different which makes every night a little different, but it's all getting better. Typically, we will put him to sleep around 10:30 or 11, (sometimes we have to let him cry himself to sleep...which is not fun) he will wake up around 2am, and I'll feed him and put him back to sleep, then he'll wake up again around 5 or 6 and Travis will feed him.
Last night we took him to Corona's with some friends. It was his first time out to a restaurant! (I can't believe I didn't think to take a picture!!) He slept the entire time.

Today, I took him out for his first walk. It was great! He stayed awake for the first half and then fell asleep for the end. I think he really enjoyed it, so we'll have to do it more often. (My goal is to lose 10 more pounds before we go to Destin in July, so walking may be my new best friend.)

I think that's really all of our "new" news. We've been trying to have lots of playtime and tummy time. He is still not really grabbing for things yet, but he does enjoy watching toys and music for a short amount of time.

nappin' in the crib
his legs, arms, fingers and toes are so loooooong!!! (just like his daddy)
hanging out in our bed

tummy time!


such a happy little boy


loving his stroller
and loving the cute Polo cap his "aunt" Ashley gave him!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love it!!!!

The Armstrong Family said...

Happy six week birthday, Colby! We are loving watching you grow :)