Friday, January 23, 2009

Childbirth Class- week 3

Last night we attended week 3 of our childbirth classes at Scott and White. I really look forward to them, and I'm sad that we only meet one more time together. I think it's exciting to be with other first time moms and dads. Last night was especially fun, because we took a tour of labor and delivery and got to see all of the monitors and beds and baby warmers and things like that. It made me extremely excited and anxious!!! I kept looking over at that little baby bed and thinking...that is where Colby will be right after he is born! That is where Travis will be taking pictures and where he will get his first little footprints taken and everything! I was loving it!

Here are a few things I was NOT loving and that I will definitely block out of my memory for the next 10 weeks:
1) mesh panties (it just doesn't sound right)
2) the c-section recovery room
3) the epidural needle (which actually wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be!!! But it still is not something I'm looking forward to)

To end on a lighter note...There are 5 couples in our class. 2 of us are having boys, and we're both naming them COLBY!!!! Isn't that crazy???? I mean, I looked on the top 100 baby names of 2008 and Colby wasn't even on there. SO random. The other couple lives in Cameron. It will be so funny years from now when we see his name in the paper or something...we'll always know that those 2 boys met before they were even born!!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get the Epidural. It looks big but it is SOOO worth it:) I can't believe how close you are getting. Enjoy this time and try to rest as much as you can. I am so happy for you. You are about the experience the greatest gift ever! Boy's are the best becuase they LOVE their Mommy's.

the rosenbaums said...

yes to the epidural!! It is a BREEZE compared to all the other pain! I really wish that we could have seen you guys this weekend..BUT, Allen was at a Sales Meeting in Orlando...BUMMER! I want to hang out before Colby gets here and of course we will get together when he arrives! Cant wait to meet him