Sunday, January 11, 2009

Reflecting on '08

2008 was a HUGE year for us! We went through some of the lowest lows and the highest highs. Looking back, I can't believe how much has happened in a year!
My grandfather's tragic death was probably one of the worst things I have ever been through, but even though that was devastating to me, I also experienced some of the best things of my life this past year! Here are a few highlights...

-It was our first year in the new house that we love!

-We went on an incredible trip to Jackson Hole, WY with my family and made lots of great memories together.

-We met some amazing new friends and grew closer to old friends. (too many pictures to even TRY to add to this one...)
- Travis bought me the best birthday present ever!!!!!!

- We LOVE our supper club!

- We joined a small group bible study with other couples, and I joined a bible study with some close girl friends (2 things that have helped bring us closer to Christ and each other)
-Travis made some huge, life-changing decisions about his (our) future and was accepted to A&M med school...which means we get to stay in that house that we love!

-We took an awesome trip to the Fredricksburg wine country for our 2 year anniversary.

- We took a super fun trip with friends to Vegas in August!!! (Thanks Ashley)

- and best of all in 2008, we found out that we were going to have a baby boy!!!
Thank you 2008!!
We can't wait to see the blessings that 2009 will bring....I have a feeling it's going to be another big year....

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow... you have an INCREDIBLY exciting life! I just might be copying your blog post idea to remind myself how much I have to be thankful for! :)

Melissa & Maddie said...

Hey Mary Beth! It's Melissa Redwine. I saw your blog off of the Johonson's blog. It is so exciting that you are going to be a mom. Hope you are doing well and good luck. Looks like ya'll had a wonderful year in 2008 and will have another wonderful year with the birth of your little one.
:)