I think that the reality of having a baby is finally starting to hit us...we sat down the other night and realized that we are on the downhill stretch and we better get ourselves in gear. This baby is going to come whether we're ready or not, so we might as well try to be a little bit prepared.
The hardest thing up until this point has been picking out bedding for the crib! Before I was pregnant, I thought that all baby bedding was just so adorable, but as soon as I found out I was having a boy, all of the sudden I couldn't find anything that I liked! (well...I couldn't find anything affordable that I liked) My goal was to pick something out over the Christmas break, so I spent MANY hours on the Internet searching and searching and crunching numbers and looking at fabrics. Some days I woke up, came straight to the computer room and stayed in here until Travis came home in the evening. It was like an addiction!!! When Travis and I finally agreed on something, I went to buy it, and it was out of stock! I called and they said that it was discontinued so they weren't making any more....go figure! Needless to say, I did not reach my goal. Christmas break came and went, and I still had not picked out any baby bedding. :(
Last week, Travis emailed me a link to an eBay custom bedding site and asked if I liked the baby boy bedding that was on there. I emailed him back and told him that I thought it was really cute and that maybe he had found the one! A few minutes later, he replied, "good, because I just bought it." I couldn't believe it!!! I was sooooo relieved. The search was over! I was so thankful that Travis could make that decision and pull the trigger so that I didn't have to think about it anymore. I know that most women would not have appreciated this, but I DID!!!! It's adorable and I can't wait for it to come in!!! Here's a picture from the website. The lady is even making a pillow with Colby's name on it and she is making valences for the windows (that Travis' parents are giving me for my birthday- thanks guys!!)
My wonderful husband did not stop there. He also surprised me with an early birthday present that he had custom made. A diaper bag!!! I LOVE IT!
I am so thankful that Travis knows me so well and knows that I cannot make a decision to save my life! Trav- you're the best!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you!!!

1 comment:
I love Colby's bedding! It is adorable and the diaper bag makes it even cuter. I am glad you can get that off your mind now.
Post a Comment