Saturday, January 24, 2009

SURPRISE baby shower!

My students threw me a SURPRISE baby shower at school on Friday! It was the most precious thing ever. They did such a good job keeping it a secret. Friday morning they told me that right after lunch they wanted to show me a readers theater that they had been working on...there were baby blue streamers hanging down from Tiffany Pirtle's door, so they told me that the readers theater took place during an ice storm and the room was going to be very cold and that's what the blue streamers were for. :)

After lunch, one of the students made me close my eyes and she led me into Tiffany's classroom. They all screamed "SURPRISE!" (one of the precious little boys even yelled "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" haha....I guess he was a little confused...) It was amazing. They decorated the tables with blue and white streamers and baby boy confetti, there was cake and gifts and everything!!! The best thing was that the students made a book for me with tips for being a good mom. It's adorable and hillarious!!!

One of the moms that was there is supposed to be sending me some pictures. This is the only one that I have for now. :) This little darling and her mom made the cake!! SO cute!!! Thank you Tiffany for setting this up- I'll always remember it...my first baby shower!!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love it!Happy Birthday..haha. I can't believe they all kept it a secret!I can't wait to see the book. I can only imagine what some of your tips may be!:)

The Armstrong Family said...

The ice storm part is my favorite. Kids are hilarious when they try to keep a secret. You are a great teacher and I am so glad that your kids (with a few helpers) did this for a deserving mom-to-be!