Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Extravaganza '08

It's so wonderful that Travis and I have both of our families in town so that we can see them both on all major holidays....it makes for long, but fun-filled days. This year, on Christmas Eve, we went to church and then had dinner at my parents house with my family and Travis' family. We had a great time hanging out together. Afterwards, we swung by Rachel and Patrick's house for their Christmas Eve open house. Thanks for inviting us!! We had alot of fun, and the highlight of my evening was being told by one of Rachel's cousins that I must be an angel sent from heaven to be married to Travis...haha...I LOVED that!!!!


Christmas morning, Travis and I woke up, made our Starbucks Christmas blend coffee, turned on some Christmas music and opened our gifts from each other. (Although, Travis was one gift short since Buddy had already spoiled my surprise!) I was so excited- He gave me a video camera!!! I have been wanting one for awhile, and I have been telling him that I REALLY wanted to get one before Colby was born. I didn't want to miss any of his baby cuteness! I had no idea that Travis had been researching them and had bought one on his own- thank you Trav!! I love it!! Buddy also got some goodies from Santa!!!! He loved his baby...even a week later after it was in several pieces, he still loves the pieces....

Next, we were off to my parents house for breakfast and gifts. We ordered Elf on demand, because we all decided that was the funniest Christmas movie (and my brother and dad had already been watching the Christmas Story marathon since the night before!) Mom made yummy breakfast casseroles and cinnamon rolls, and we all exchanged gifts. Travis' big gift was the other half of his birthday gift- a spot on a deer lease with my dad and brother in San Saba, which he has really enjoyed this year. Mine is still TBA...I think I'm going to buy a crib! Dougie bought us a pack of Nike A&M onsies for Colby. I love them! They'll be perfect for Doug's graduation in May and Trav's white coat ceremony for A&M med school. :)

One of the morning highlights was a set of CDs that we gave to my dad that had some of the Temple Wildcat football games recorded on them from my his senior year in high school. We listened to part of one of the games where Temple pulled out a win in the last few minutes. It was fun and I think my dad really enjoyed them.

After we finished up at my parents house, it was time to go to Travis' parent's house. We opened gifts and had a delicious brisket lunch. Erika bought Colby his first UT shirt!!

That afternoon, Trav took a catnap while I made my all-time favorite flavorful mashed potatoes for Christmas dinner with my mom's family. They're basically mashed potatoes, and you add sour cream, cream cheese, half and half, cheddar cheese and butter, then bake them with a layer of cheese on top....YUM!
We headed over to my parents house again later in the afternoon and had a wonderful dinner and fellowship with the fam. This year, all of the grown-up "kids" drew names to buy gifts for each other, so we all exchanged those and opened the goodies in our stockings. My cousin, Jordan, has 2 little ones, so they're usually our entertainment...this time was no different! They got one of Debbie's puppies for Christmas, so Cash (full name- Cash money maker) added to the entertainment!


It was an amazing Christmas Extravaganza 2008! I took much less pictures this year, because I was also videoing...SO fun...we'll have to coordinate that better next year so that I have lots of both...Family- if any of you have pictures that I need to add, send them my way!!!!

It's hard to believe that next year we will be adding a 9 month old baby to the madness! I can't wait!!! :)

No comments: