You know that song that says "I love this crazy, tragic, sometimes almost magic, awful beautiful life"? That's how I'm feeling this week!!! It's been so fun and fabulous, but at the same time it has been jam-packed and crazy!!!! I don't deal very well with busy schedules...it stresses me out to look at my calendar and see so many things, BUT at the same time, everything on the calendar has been things that I have been SO excited about and couldn't wait for!!! Having my sweet Colby around has made it even more difficult...I feel like I've hardly even gotten to see him much, but I just keep thinking about the next 10 weeks that I'll have him all to myself. :)
Here's the past week in a nutshell...
Last Friday, our bible study group got together for dinner at Cyclone BBQ- YUM!! We're taking a little break for the summer, so it was nice to see everyone and catch up. Colby was passed around and he was a little fussy since he was so tired, but overall, I think he did pretty well. He wore his adorable blue plaid overalls that I just love!!! :)
boys and Landyn
the whole group
Saturday was all about miss Haley May!! We had her lingerie shower at my parents' house and then the girls were off to the farm to meet up with our limo!! We went to Dead Fish Grill on the lake for dinner and drinks and then ended the night back at the Macey's farm. It was so fun. Haley got some super cute night time attire for her honeymoon and new married life, and we had a blast afterwards. I loved getting to know Catherine and Paige, some of Haley's college friends and bridesmaids.


this was so neat...my grandmother gave Haley the lingerie that her mother gave her when she got married. She also gave her the lingerie bag that her sister-in-laws gave her. It was so beautiful and such a special gift!!




While I was celebrating Haley's last weekend as a single girl, all 3 of my boys (Travis, Colby and Buddy) went over to the Anthony's house to swim!!! Colby got to wear his cute swim trunks for the first time and take his first plunge in the pool. I think it was still a little cold, but they did manage to keep him in long enough to take a few pictures and even got Dylan to video the special occasion. (I don't know how to post videos from our video camera...sorry...)
Buddy trying desperately to get out of the pool!!! Poor puppy!!
Mon-Thurs this week were my last 4 days of school- HOORAY!!!! For those of you who do not teach, this is known as survival week. Only the strongest survive...and I survived!!! :) I will definitely miss my kiddos, but I am also so pumped for my summer with Colby!
Tuesday night, our supper club girls got together to celebrate Sally and Jenna!! We have started a little tradition of having a girls night out right before new babies arrive. (The last time we did this, Colby was born a few short days later!! Hopefully that means Jenna will be here soon.) I love these girls and I always love a girls night out. I can't wait to continue our tradition in August, then again in September, and again in December!!!!

Wednesday afternoon, I had another event at Dead Fish (if you're counting, this would be number 3!!). Our Kennedy-Powell staff party for the end of the year was on the back patio overlooking the beautiful Lake Belton. The only problem was that it was soooooooooooo windy!!!! We had to hold onto all of our cups and napkins and everything else so that it didn't all blow away. This picture of Kayla and me cracks me up....it looks like we're just holding on for dear life!! hahaha...hope you don't feel harassed Kayla!!
Wednesday night, it was Dead Fish again!!! (yes, number 4) Travis' grandma and grandpa Anthony, his auntie Liz, cousins Jenna and Jason, and Jason's wife Colleen were all in town for Dylan's graduation, so we celebrated with dinner and drinks on the patio. It was a beautiful night, and we were just in time for the sunset. Sorry, no pictures...everyone's camera batteries were dead. :(
Thursday, Colby spent the day with Travis' family while I finished up my last day at school with kids!! They had lots of fun seeing his little personality, and when Travis got there after work, they even tried the pool again...naked baby!
Thursday night, my parents kept Colby (thank you!!) while we went to Dylan's graduation- way to go Dylan!!
had to take a picture of these before I ate them all...
Yesterday, pre-wedding festivities included luncheon, pedicures, rehearsal and dinner. Today is the big day!! I'm off to get my hair done and then try to keep it looking pretty until 6 tonight!! I'll post later on the wedding!!!












1 comment:
That's hilarious that you went to Dead Fish 4 times!! It sounds like you had a very fun, very exhausting week! Hope you get to relax this week and enjoy being home with Colby!
Post a Comment