Thursday, June 18, 2009

summertiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime...and the livin' is easy :)


Thank goodness you don't have to hear me sing this song...it's not pretty...but that is what I'm singing today. After I fed Colby at 6:30 this morning, he went back to sleep and I slept until 9:30- whoo hoo!!! I even got to drink a cup of coffee and check my email and facebook before he finally woke up to eat again around 10:15. He ate, we played, and now (12:30) he's slowly swinging back to sleep again for another nap. My goal today is to get birth announcements addressed, stamped, stuffed and sent! (Yes, I KNOW they're about 3 months late...but give me a break!!:))
It's been a great week so far. Tuesday night we had some friends over to watch the UT baseball game. It was nice to be at home because we could keep Colby's bathtime/bedtime routine as normal as possible. He did great! He went right to sleep (with the help of Trent's pacifier skills), and then I got to catch up with Ashley's wedding plans over a glass of wine.

Wednesday was our anniversary!! 3 whole years- yay for us! :) We're going to celebrate on Friday, so more on that later.

Wednesday was also Lee's birthday (and Jenna Mae's due date...but apparently she didn't get the memo...) We went to eat at a new restaurant in town, Fork & Cork. (where Sorge's used to be) They've only been open about a week. The food was yummy and we had a great time celebrating!!
some of the boys

our little fam....Colby was great up until the very end- it was past his bedtime and he'd had enough
Tonight we're going to Nami's with the Schneiders- yum!!
I am so enjoying being at home more with Colby. I still can't say that we've gotten into a really predictable routine, but we're getting there. I do not believe in waking up a sleeping baby- so every day is a little different, and that is fine with me. We're moving up to size 2 diapers, 3-6 month clothes and 6-7 ounces of milk each feeding. Colby is REALLY growing!! He's also into grabbing things, kicking his legs all over the place,smiling and LAUGHING. It's the most precious smile and sound I have ever heard. Every day just gets better and better. :)
shakin his rattle
laughing

all propped up and sitting like a big boy!

No comments: